*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797459
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#797459 added November 11, 2013 at 3:17am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 53: Andrew - Precursor
Andrew drove through the gate to the camp and down into the parking lot. It started to drizzle, ever so slightly as he did. The gray clouds and wind weren’t exactly inviting weather either.

“This is where you live?” Andrew heard a small voice in the truck ask. He turned around, looked at Jackson, and smiled.

“Welcome to Camp Fireside.” Andrew said. Nick chuckled a little bit and Ivan smiled. Andrew pulled up to a stop in the parking lot, and was surprised to see Brandon and Monica waiting for them. Andrew got out of the car and walked up to them. “You both don’t look so hot, you guys okay.”

“Did you see anything weird on the road while you were coming here?” Brandon asked in a somber tone. Andrew was a little confused, what was going on?

“There was a group of about four people a block down by the intersection. That’s about it.”

“Did you tell them about the camp?”

“No, but they probably saw me pull in… why?”

Monica sighed, and walked over to Andrew just as Nick and Ivan joined him.

“Andrew, Nick, Ivan… A man came through here and asked for supplies, Brandon let him in and he started acting erratic… he claimed he had a group of about four people outside the camp waiting for him.” Monica began.

“Yeah, well what did he do?” Nick asked. Monica swallowed hard, but Brandon answered for her.

“He had a gun, and shot Brad… Brad’s dead.” Brandon said, a heavy breathe escaping him as he did.

It hit Andrew like a truck. He stumbled backwards and kneeled over. Nick and Ivan took the news in similar ways. Tears welled up in Ivan’s eyes, and Nick grabbed hold of the old wooden fence and gave it a strong punch. Andrew bent over. Everything felt different. He couldn't speak, or hear, or see, or feel, or even taste… and then suddenly… all of that changed…and something else…took over…
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797459