*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797460
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#797460 added November 11, 2013 at 3:18am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 54: The Regulator - I Am All Of Me
“Where is he?” Andrew demanded. It was in his voice, it was commanding. It wanted this information and was going to get it one way or another.

“Brad? He’s…” Brandon began.

“No… the Shooter.”

“Gavin’s watching him, keeping him up by the mess hall and… hey, hey where you going!” Brandon shouted as Andrew quickly walked away. Andrew removed the Revolver from his holster, checked the cylinder to make sure it was still loaded. Five more bullets, plus a whole box in the truck. He wasn’t going to need the box though. “Andrew! What do you think you’re doing!” Brandon shouted. Brandon, Nick, Ivan, Monica, Stuart, Emmy, and Jackson were all following him, but Andrew didn’t even look back.

Andrew reached the Mess Hall and walked past Brad’s corpse without even batting an eye. Gavin was sitting on a old wooden bench as the drizzle turned to freezing, November rain. A man laid, curled up and beaten at Gavin’s feet.

“This is him?” Andrew asked, coldly. Gavin simply nodded his head. Andrew quickly kicked the man in the chest and rolled him over onto his back. “Who are you!” Andrew angrily growled at the man.

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” The man laughed, through several coughs. Andrew kicked him again.

“Who put you up to this!”

“Put me up to what? We just wanted to steal your supplies… guess things got a little out of hand.” The Drifter attempted to sit up, but Andrew kicked him across the face and knocked him down. Brandon and the others had caught up to him now, and a crowd of more and more people was starting to gather around him. Andrew kneeled down and got in the man’s face.

“You want to play games? That’s fine, I just got through playing a great one with another dickbag. So how about we play the game called ‘I beat you to death’? How about that, huh? Or maybe ‘I feed you to the Dead one limb at a time’?” Andrew asked. He looked up and saw a surprise look from Monica and Brandon. They had never heard Andrew speak like this, they had never seen this side of him.

The Drifter simply laughed, “You struggle to even comprehend what to do with me. I have no information for you, you know damn well who killed your friend right there. There’s no investigation. Plus, your lady friend won’t let you kill me, and he talked some kid out of doing it.” He pointed to Brandon and snickered. Andrew looked at Brandon, then scanned the crowd and found his group, Jaxon was shying away from Andrew’s gaze. Andrew returned his gaze to The Drifter, glared at him, and swung a big punch across the drifters cheeks.

“Let’s play the game then, called ‘I give you to your friends and you get the f*** out of here’.” Andrew said, sharply. Suddenly there were murmurs from the crowd. Not everyone wanted the man dead, but no one wanted him to just walk free.

“Andrew, chill out man, you can’t make a call like that.” Nick said, stepping towards Andrew. Andrew stood up, licked his upper-lip, and turned too look at Nick.

“Oh, I can. I did.” He said. He grabbed the Drifter by the hair and lifted him up. “Come on, let’s go. You gotta radio or something? Call your buddies, tell them to meet you at the front gate.” Andrew lifted him to his feet, then grabbed his jacket collar. The Drifter didn’t resist, and Andrew simply received death glares from the crowd. He began marching the Drifter down towards the gate, and the entire crowd, which at this point encompassed the whole survivors camp, was following him. The Drifter put up very little fight, just giving a cocky smile with every step.

Andrew marched him right up to the gate and stopped. He motioned his head for someone to open it, but no one did. He motioned one more time and, reluctantly, Nick stepped forward and pulled the gate open. Standing outside, in a huddled circle, were four equally disgusting looking people. They looked just as grimy and mad as the Drifter, but they had weapons. Assault Rifles and Machine Guns. They may have looked nasty, but they were well off.

“My friends!” The Drifter exclaimed. None of them said a word, just giving dumb smiles at the prospect of seeing their friend returned to them. Andrew silently pushed the Drifter forward, outside the gate, to the disapproving looks of everyone standing behind him. The Drifter cockily walked forward, an incredibly dumb and proud smile on his face as he did so. And as he did so, Andrew reached for his revolver.

BANG

A bullet tore through the Drifter’s head. The sound startled everyone, but Andrew’s face remained un-phased and angry. Blood spurted out of the Drifter’s forehead as he fell face first onto the concrete road.

BANG

One of the drifters friends, a slender looking woman, fell to the ground as blood shot out of her back, the bullet passing straight through her heart. She clenched at the air incredibly quickly before she fell.

BANG

A second member of the Drifter’s crew fell to the ground as a bullet hit his kneecap, shattering it. He screamed out in agony as he fell to the ground, clutching at his knee.

BANG

The third member of the Drifter’s gang was just coming out of his shocked trance when a bullet flew right between his eyes. His body hit the concrete with a loud thud.

BANG

The final member of the Drifter’s crew attempted to turn and run, but just as he started his sprint Andrew fired into his back. The man flew forward and fell face first into the concrete. Dead.

Five bullets. Four deaths. Andrew began walking up to the injured man when a Walker came shambling up to him and barred it’s teeth at Andrew. Andrew didn’t even think, he just completely brutalized the walker with the grip of the Revolver. By the time he was finished, the Walker’s face was just a bloody, un-identifiable, meat sack.

Andrew approached the screaming man, as he clutched at his bloody knee. “Your friends are dead.” Andrew began, “Just as mine is. I want you to remember this pain. I want you to remember the reason you can no longer walk. I want you to remember the pain of watching four of your friends die in the blink of an eye. I want you to remember that cold, hellish day when you thought robbing a summer camp of it’s much needed supplies was a good idea.” Andrew said.

“f*** you!” The man sputtered out.

“And I want you to remember the name of the man who did this. I want you to warn others, as I let you live, to never come back. Never to bother Camp Fireside again. I am Andrew Stark.” Andrew said, he looked the man dead in the eyes and held the Revolver up to his head “And I am the Regulator.” Andrew pulled the trigger on the revolver and the gun made a “click” sound, as it was no longer loaded. The man flinched as The Regulator stood up and turned back towards the gate. He pulled out his other pistol, and shot down several staggering walkers as well, to ensure the man had a chance to survive, to spread his message. “Close the gates.” Andrew said as he walked in.

He looked out over the stunned and silent crowd. They had just watched him gun down four people, leave a fifth to die. The reality of what he had just done began to set in. The reality of everything began to set in. The Barn, Zach, The Madman, Brad, The Drifter and his Group. It all was suddenly crashing down on Andrew. He suddenly couldn’t see anything, hear anything, and he barely felt it as Nick and Brandon wrestled him to the ground and Gavin wrestled the gun out his hands. He barely heard the cries of James, Jaxon, Seth, Anthony, Danny, and Niko as they screamed out of confusion and fear. What was happening to their counselor? Why did he just do what he did? What was going to happen now. He barely noticed as he was dragged across the camp, uphill, to the barn. And he barely even cared as he was thrown into the barn and locked in. Alone. With only the smell of rotten corpses and blood to keep him company.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797460