*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798525-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#798525 added November 23, 2013 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Friday
I suppose this won't register on todays date, since it's after eleven here and twelve there. Even so, I got this in before the day was up. And what a day it's been. Sometimes it seems like too much to handle.

I was up late last night trying to get my novel done, and it's complete. Today was suppose to be a day to rest up and enjoy the victory after work, of course. I was up at three, so very tired today. Got home and did my reports, then took a short nap. After, I began the task of uploading my novel so I have it all together for validation for NaNo. I will add here I wrote in chapters, so it's fragmented on the computer.

But, my high speed internet is slow, and that created some stress. Also, it goes out quite often, so it really made things difficult. Even so, I was hoping to have it done by the time Rhonda got home from work. Only she didn't make it home. About the time she should have been pulling in, she called.

She hit a deer just a short ways from work, and wasn't going anyplace. So, I had to run in and get here, luckily she wasn't hurt. But the van isn't going to be going anyplace for a long time. I will have to get it moved tomorrow, but not sure if I can even drive it, or if it needs to be towed. The whole front is gone, including the hood.

It's too dark to see how sever the damage is as far as driving it, but there are no lights left, the hood is buckled, and the radiator may be up into the engine. I know what my day will hold for me tomorrow. Now, we are back home and I should have been in bed hours ago, but who can sleep?

We don't have much, so this is really a severe set-back for us. We need two vehicles in order to get both of us to work and back, and by doubling up with the one vehicle we have, it's going to put triple the miles on it. Oh, and it's the old vehicle that needs to be babied along.

There is insurance, but a 750 deductible is going to be all but impossible to come up with, and even then could take a couple of months to do. The van is pretty old, and I'm not sure the insurance will even pay for this costly of a repair. I have a feeling they will declare it totalled, and the little we get out of it won't even be enough to make a down payment.

We had just barely started to get our heads above water, and it was going to be tough to get the bills paid up and buy groceries. At the same time, Christmas is just around the corner and it would be nice to have a little money set aside for a few cheap gifts.

I don't know how we will manage this, and I'm not sure if I will be able to keep internet going or anything at this point. It kind of looks like the little progress we've made forward has just been countered with another big slip backward.

Well, I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow, I'm going to try and grab a couple of hours of sleep.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798525-Friday