*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798926-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#798926 added November 29, 2013 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
In just under the wire. It's past time for bed, but I wanted to get something written in here first. It's been a wonderful day, but too short. It didn't start out the way it was suppose to, but it worked out.

Yesterday I was suppose to be off work, and so was Rhonda. But a call in ensured one of us would be working, and I opted to go in. I had hoped I could have the morning person work late and go make some purchases, but he had to get to a second job.

Rhonda called the night person, to have him come in early, and he did get there a half hour early, so it helped. I had to do some running and last minute shopping, and by the time I got done with everything and home, it was getting quite late.

One of the purchases I had picked up was a notebook for my writing. I had picked out a Acer at Walmart, and put it on lay-a-way. I got home, opened it, and set it up according to the instructions. I turned it on, and the display was a mess. It looked like panels of plaid.

I looked through the meager paperwork that came with it, and found nothing. I powered it down, let it sit for a little while and tried again, same thing. I called Walmart but didn't get much for information. I could return it, but they did not have anymore.

I called Acer and went through a few hoops trying to get things working, and in the end tried to reset it. Same thing. I was told it was a hardware malfunction, and it would need to be sent in. I explained I just bought the thing and did not want to go through all this. I would return it.

Rhonda called Target and they had one the same, at about the same price, within a few dollars. So, with time running out, we ran back into town, returned the defective one at Walmart and headed to Target. Once there, I seen a Gateway for half the price. It was a little smaller, which makes it more portable. It doesn't have quite ability or storage, but ample for me.

We ended up getting the Gateway, coming home and setting it up. Only this one stated it needed to fully charge before turning on. Now I wonder if the Acer did, too. The instructions did not state this, and the help desk did not tell me this, either.

No matter, I have a notebook that will fulfill my needs; I wanted something that was easy to take along with me, would last long on battery power, and would access my Office 360. This does all of that, and plenty more. It's set up with Windows 8, however, and it's going to take a while to learn my way around.

Well, time for bed, have to be up at 3:00 tomorrow morning and work the morning shift. Hopefully it's not too crazy for us back in the yard.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798926-Thursday