*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799050-The-Fall-of-Gary-part-2
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#799050 added November 30, 2013 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
The Fall of Gary part 2
November 30th, 2013

I wish I could say that once one falls one has learned enough to keep it from happening again.

I was running around a the day of thanksgiving. I was convinced I was going to run farther than I ever had. My legs became wobbly like jelly and I went toppling over on my hands knees and right side. I must have looked like quite a sight to cars that drove past.

I did get back up and made it home. And I did make it to the thanksgiviing feast, even if I felt gimpy and weaker than most days. I have yet to tell my wife, because she will give me one of her looks and make me promise to never run again.

I am not getting any younger. When I was a pastor in the inner city I would play tackle football with the neighborhood youth and be fearless as I ran or moved in to disrupt someone's great play. I guess the main lesson in all this is that we have to make adjustments. Wisdom dictates that maturity takes many forms. Even some fruits can become overly ripe and fall. After that happens who among you will be the first to pick it up and eat it? God bless!!*Smile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799050-The-Fall-of-Gary-part-2