*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799777-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#799777 added December 8, 2013 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Another day about done. It was a little warmer, but hard to believe temperatures of about five above zero seem warmer. But after the below zero temps and wind, it did seem a lot nicer. Tomorrow it's back into the deep freeze again. It's just too cold for this time of year, and it's lasting way too long. This is more like January and February weather.

I had a better day today, feeling better, not so tired, and just not so sad. I think getting some better rest has a lot to do with it, but I also feel I'm adjusting to the loss of my dear friend and companion of the last twelve years. I hope to right something in her honor once I'm over the grief a little better. It's hard to believe a pet could leave such a void, but then, she was anything but a typical pet.

It's about time to go get Rhonda from work, and then relax for a little while before bed. We don't have to get up so dang early tomorrow, or Tuesday, and I'm off for both of them. I'm ready for a couple of days off, too. I was suppose to have Saturday off, and in a way, I did. I didn't go in to work, but did have to do some running and work from home as a result of someone not showing up for their shift and not calling.

But, she's gone now, and probably for the best. At least I think so, she just didn't want to work, and I feel it would have only gotten to be a bigger problem with more time. Better she quit than to have to put up with someone who isn't reliable. Now it's just a matter of time until we find someone to fill the position.

For now, I'm going to go spend a little time with my new friend, a young dog rescued from the animal shelter. She's sleeping by my feet waiting for me to get done here and spend some time with her.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799777-Sunday