*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800051-Yes-VirginiaLight-the-path
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#800051 added December 12, 2013 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Yes, Virginia...Light the path
Dear children, this year has presented me, your mother, with challenges. I regret ever buying in to and saying out loud, "This has been the hardest year of my life." Because then I had to accept blame for hearing you say the same. Emotionally I have felt huge ranges I did not know existed in me, comprised of denial, expectation, trepidation, desire and longing, wonder and gratitude, pain both plain and intense. You are similarly journeying, except for you it is measured along the path we all know as the teenage years.

It is still a spiritual path.

Currently, where you can, you deny the existence of God. Although as a young person, you certainly know the experience of feeling non-existent, I know you have great awareness. You often use your awareness to serve others you see hurting.

I hope for a time, no one knows how long a time it will take, you will grow in another avenue of awareness to see your own divine nature.

I realize the celebration of Christmas seems silly on many levels. In modern human society stress has increased and few seem to know how to back down from it. There are even demands you place on each other in constructing something celebratory. Silly for sure. On the calendar, it pretty much becomes obvious starting at Halloween. I wonder just how many people see both the shift in popularity and the telling aspect of transforming yourselves into monsters as a momentary escape?

So, why do I celebrate Christmas as I do? I like the challenge it presents in my life to shine. Does that make sense? It's Winter, yet not all crawl into a hole to hibernate. If you are both blessed with plenty and wise enough to reserve some to share, you do. This is where you gift. Sometimes all you can gift is yourself.

I encourage you to be both your own light, illuminating whatever path in both dark and day, and allowing others to see a good path to take.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800051-Yes-VirginiaLight-the-path