*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800426-The-Puppy
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#800426 added December 17, 2013 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
The Puppy
December 17, 2013

Recently I was faced with the daunting task of raising a little dog that will grow to not more than seven pounds. In a sense the dog is the essence of what it means to be an eternal puppy even if he is five years old. My wife saw him out in the middle of the road on a cold day and decided that he needed a home. He had no collar or tags.*RollEyes*

So there he wanders around the living room. He does not like to be caged up. I was resting and he made the most awful screeching/barking noises. I heard the next door neighbor yelling for him to stop. He roams in the valley of the shadow of death as I type. Two cats are looking at him warily. I think he is learning that they do not like his barking and aggressive advances. They are bigger than him and have claws.*Shock*

I do not know if I will ever know what to make of this situation. It is Christmas. The poor little guy needed a home. The shelters had no place for him and neither did the vet. Nobody is busting down our door to get their dog back. I feel real puzzled and perplexed at this part of my writing meditation. Jesus loved the little children. What about pups? Anyone out there want a puppy? *Pthb*

OOPs I best keep my mouth and pen quiet. Mom is only minutes away. Besides wasn't it me always me that kept saying I want a dog. Watch out what you ask for!!! It is only the second or third day. It is bound to get better. I could use your prayers!!!.*Delight*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800426-The-Puppy