*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800459-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#800459 added December 18, 2013 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Tuesday 12/16/2013

It got late on me again, and now it's after eleven here, so after midnight at WdC land. That means it will post as tomorrows not today's. I'm doing awesome at missing my entries on Tuesdays this month, although I don't know why. I missed every Tuesday so far, either by being late or forgetting entirely. Go figure?

It's been a good day, just busy. I got up with Rhonda; I was off again today, but return to work tomorrow. We had coffee, then she had to get ready for work while I made us some lunch. After she left, I worked on a schedule, then created an Excel spreadsheet in the format of the two week schedule I use.

It took about three or four hours to create, since I am no pro at Excel, and have not done much with spreadsheets for many years. I had to figure out formulas as well as formatting, so that it would not only look nice, but be functionable, as well. It turned out nice, almost the same in looks as the schedule I have been using.

That one was created in a word processor with a table inserted, but I could not get the formulas to work right; it was just too limited. It did the trick, but I had to use a time card calculator to total up individual hours, then switch over to a time calculator to total up all the times and make sure I didn't go over. It was kind of a pain, and a lot of messing around.

But now, I have the format almost the same, with one addition, I have everyone's daily hours as well as weekly hours. The best part is, all I have to do is enter start times and end times, and the spreadsheet gives me their daily totals and weekly totals. I also included the grand total of all hours worked, per week. It took a while to figure out, but it should save me a lot of time in the long run.

I also rounded up my ice fishing gear and have that ready to go. The plan is to get out for a while tomorrow after work, since it's going to be in the mid thirties. I'm going out with my brother, who has been out a couple times already. This is my first time out on the ice this year, but with fifteen inches it should be plenty safe now.

I also took Hyko and Hanna out for some playtime and exercise. After I washed up some cloths and fed them both. Rhonda brought home the information I needed to send my e-report off and I also faxed and made copies of the next schedule so I can post them tomorrow.

So, a very constructive day, and a very busy one. I'm feeling much better than I have in a long time, and hope I'm on the recovery side of whatever bug I had caught.

Now, it's time to head off to bed, three in the morning comes way too early.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800459-Tuesday