*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800493
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1967624
Rosa and Ben are fighting an unknown force to the reader, check daily for updates.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#800493 added December 18, 2013 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
12/15/13

The stinging disbelief in Ben’s words struck Rosa, “I can’t believe you sold me out,” Mad tears pooled in his eyes, the dam threatening to break.

“I-I can’t even-why?” he started soft, his voice raising in volume, ”Why would you do this to me?”

“I thought I was doing a good thing,” Rosa said, bowing her head in shame. Anger rolled off Ben and hit Rosa in heated waves.

“They’re going to kill me,” he stated simply.

“Come on-you can’t know that for sure,” She tried and failed to mask the doubt in her tone. Trembling fingers lay in her lap, twisting around each other like snakes. “God Benny I’m so sorry” she blurted out. Her hands found her face and she gratefully buried her tears in them. They sat like that for a while, silence saying more than words, Rosa sobbing into her palms. Ben took a calming breath and let it hiss out, the only sound in the room besides the girl’s cries. His tensed shoulders relaxed, and he said with his voice like ice, “Get out,”

“But-“ Rosa attempted to protest.

The fight left Ben’s visage, sadness replacing the hatred there moments before.

“Just get out of here Rosa”
© Copyright 2013 13lue13erry (UN: 13lue13erry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
13lue13erry has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800493