*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801175-Alive
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#801175 added December 28, 2013 at 2:52am
Restrictions: None
Alive
"A book is dead until you read it." --Clive Barker



I think this is true. Without the reader, a book is just words on a page. It's sheets of paper bound together with glue and thread surrounded by a cover. Nothing remarkable in itself. But then something magical happens. Someone picks it up, opens the pages and begins to read the words and suddenly, the book is no longer just a pile of paper filled with ink. The words come alive, swirling through the mind of the reader, the characters acting out the stories so intricately designed, born from the imagination of the author and taking on a life of their own. When you read a book, you are no longer just reading words, but living a life far beyond your own. You are experiencing what the character experiences and the trials they endure stay with you. Through the heart of the reader, that book becomes alive and will live on in infamy. May we all give life to some poor, starved book. It is the holidays ;)

© Copyright 2013 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801175-Alive