*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801511-Writing-Prompt-Write-about-the-first-time-you-met-him
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#801511 added December 31, 2013 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Prompt: Write about the first time you met him.
Meeting him was the end of life as I know it. I found something in him. Almost like my other half. Something that brought me from the brink of the abyss back to life.





Not that either of us knew it at the time.





I met him as he leaned out a window and hollered at me in the middle of the night. It was nearly midnight in Ashland that cool night in October. The dorms were still awake with laughter and music. Bright yellow lights dotted the windows of the cement building all around me as an autumn breeze whispered through the night.





I didn't mind it. The way I was feeling, I embraced the cold. I was drowning in despair every second of every day. At least when the crisp night air seeping into my skin I was able to feel something other than an unstoppable pain.





That night, I sat on the stone ledge staring at the vast beauty of the stars, pouring my heart out on paper, when my agonized thoughts were interrupted by a jovial voice on the wind.





Looking around, I spotted him hanging out a second story window of the building to my left. He was drunk, that much was obvious. But he was cute, too, and endearing. It's not a feeling I could explain, but I found my initial irritation at being interrupted dissipating into idle curiosity and an unexplainable desire to get to know this strange, somewhat goofy, boy calling to me in the middle of the night.





He introduce himself, explained yelling at me like he had was part of a bet and asked if he could come down.





While I was waiting, I couldn't help wondering what was on his mind. Why me? What made him want to talk to me in the first place? As time went on, I began to wonder why me on many levels.





To this day, I do not know the answer.



© Copyright 2013 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801511-Writing-Prompt-Write-about-the-first-time-you-met-him