*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801550-Is-the-Hive-more-important-than-the-Bees
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#801550 added January 1, 2014 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
Is the Hive more important than the Bees?
Yesterday I laid the foundation for why I believe that institutions such as Socialism, Communism, Fascism and other forms of government, that put the community before the individual, are inherently evil. Herr Goebbels put his finger squarely upon the distinction. Our founding fathers feared the dangers of centralized government. So did the Athenian Greeks. This is why both opted for Democracy over a host of other governing options that were more agile and efficient.

Human beings are not insects. The Constitution says, “We’re imbued with certain unalienable rights, which include life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” In a hive the lives of the work-a-bees count for little. They are expected to perform their assigned tasks and when their service lives are over get tossed aside. Is that liberty? Is that the pursuit of happiness? Is there any choice in such an existence? Are bees even aware of the concept of freedom? Probably not. However humanity is. People are not ants, termites or bumblebees. Human beings know what choice is and feel at the gut level a desire to be free to pursue their expectations, dreams and happiness.

Whoever created us used a Life Model. It is one we have continued consciously or unconsciously to follow. Consider for example when the computer was invented. The first ones were big mainframes where only a few had access and those who did jealously guarded their machine. However, it wasn’t long before a host of terminals were plugged in and then a huge step was taken. The power of the computer was decentralized into mini computers, and then desktops and laptops. We still see the vestiges of the centralized computer just as we see the hives of insects, however, it wasn’t long before decentralization took place because that is the way of the Life Model works. A computer is a primitive precursor of life that evolved quickly from a centralized to a decentralize form. Once that step was taken there was no turning back.

Everything humanity creates is inspired by individuals using the life model in some manner or form. First comes the idea from an individual and then a collective effort to make it happen. Without the spark, energy and prompting of individuals nothing worthwhile ever follows. Whenever mankind devolves from the nurture of individuals into a mindless social collectiveness the community begins a descent into decadence and decay. Those who doubt need only look at the rubble of past civilizations.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801550-Is-the-Hive-more-important-than-the-Bees