*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802070-This-ones-about-creation-and-passion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#802070 added January 4, 2014 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about creation and passion.
30DBC PROMPT: "How was the universe created? Write your OWN creation myth."

What's up y'all? It's the first "Creation Saturday" of this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, where we're given a topic and told to make something up about it. It's not a practice I advocate for in the art of writing blog entries, but I'll be a good little challenger and play along.

There are all different kinds of tales about how the universe was actually created, and your personal belief system assigns one to you at a young age. Because I don't follow any particular brand of religious teachings, that makes it a little easier to understand whatever scientific impact played a role in carving a spot in the galaxy where we could put some oceans and trees and people who walk upright with opposable thumbs and opinions.

The reality is we really don't know how we all came to be, because it's heresy. Someone listened to some great readings about how they perceived the conception of the planet, and then told three friends, who then told three friends, and that's how The Big Bang Theory (the real theory, and not the tv show) went from being about explosions and asteroids to God opening up a box of Betty Crocker Earth-flavored cake mix and frosting it with atmosphere, taking six days to bake one giant dessert to live and breed on. Um, good job on that one, God. High five.

Well, forget about what you were taught in bible study and youth camp. Here's the real deal. Your boy Bob Ross knew the truth about our existence in the greatest universe known to man, and you know who I'm talking about. He's the artist who has created the world in his own vision, with happy little trees and mountains and streams and oil paint. He probably didn't create Wikipedia, but if he did it would look nothing like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross.

If you were travelling down somewhere over by the Massachusetts Turnpike and someone stuck one of his paintings of scenery against the passenger window, you probably wouldn't know the difference (although I believe obstructing windows is a violation of some motor vehicle laws). His work is that legendary.

And if I ever get to host my own tv show about the ways the world was created, next time I'll tell you about how painter Thomas Kinkade created all of the holidays, starting with Christmas. http://www.thomaskinkadeonline.com/?gclid=CITUoYr15LsCFYlAMgod_SsA7Q.

BCF PROMPT: "All of us have different interests. Share some interesting trivia details about your passion. Sporting, cooking, gardening, writing, etc. Fans, here is your chance to show us what you know about your interests! Have fun with this. *Bigsmile*"

I'm gonna come right out and say it: I have no idea what I'm truly (by definition) passionate about these days. I could take the easy out here and say "writing", because I honestly enjoy it more than almost anything, but this is a frickin' writing website and I think most of us on WDC lean that way, which I think the universe has designed for me to push against that. But I think going into detail about that is either an entry for another day, or something I need to discuss with my therapist.

I enjoy stuff like cooking, but am I passionate about it, say, the way Elle - on hiatus is by combining culinary expertise with a love of writing with her "Invalid Item? I love sports, but being a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres in recent years has been an exercise in futility, patience, hope, more futility, and angst, followed by something damn close to apathy (sorta the opposite of passion). I'm not nearly a voracious reader, I'm not crazy about putting in the work it takes to be a gardener, I hate how society bases your worth as a person because of the car you drive, and I get bored easily trying to sit still long enough to watch a movie. I love music, but I still don't have all of my cds from a messy 2012 break-up. Where else does that leave me?

I like naps. A good midday snooze, where you wake up and the night has yet to come. I can pull my hat over my face to simulate the darkness, and catch two or three hours of time where I know I can't be bothered (unless something extreme were to occur, but that hasn't happened yet). I used to have the worst time with naps...I'd be about 3/4ths asleep and dreaming, but hearing imaginary noises like people were pounding on my door as the dreams turned to nightmares, like I was covered in ants. The craziest things. I had to learn how to plow through that midafternoon exhaustion because naptime was a mental wreck, no matter how comfortable I got.

So yeah, I learned now how to take a good, solid nap (and still sleep at night, although I'm reluctantly hesitant to admit I may be hooked on Ambien in that regard). Too bad the NFL playoffs start today; a small reminder of how bad Buffalo football is during the coldest winter months, and yet a sound reason to avoid a lazy Saturday naptime experience.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Crunching metal and horns? Ok. It helps that I enjoy this band.


Why can't we just simply be?


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Grave* RIP, Phil Everly of The Everly Brothers. A great bit of nostalgia left my life today. Also, this is a quick, fun little read: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/valentines-day-special-the-10-messiest-b....

*Football* If you're like me and don't have a tv, you can watch live sports online with http://www.wiziwig.tv/. I've used it for several Bills games this year, and some other NFL tilts as well...you just have to find the most reliable stream, find the right "x" to close out the ads properly, and occasionally refresh your browser. I may use it to start watching hockey games as well, depending on my level of enthusiasm and how much more of the Sabres seemingly always being outshot 15-3 in the first periods of their games I can take.

*Hockeyhelmet* Yay!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_uBTGmOMI

*Skull* Well, we don't have a brain emoticon (and no, I'm not starting a campaign for one...yet) so this will have to do for National Trivia Day. Mental Floss is full of fun, unnecessary bits of info like this. http://mentalfloss.com/article/54379/39-amazing-facts-national-trivia-day

Ok, I need to get out of here and catch up on the rest of yesterday's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS entries before I decide on what else I might get into today. Peace, and a happy little GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802070-This-ones-about-creation-and-passion