*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802450-Nearing-the-Shore
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#802450 added January 7, 2014 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Nearing the Shore....
A lot has happened since last Thursday. Da'd was admitted to the hospital and went through a battery of tests.  He wasn't doing well and on sat my Susie, my sister, called to say he has cancer in his lymph nodes and leukemia. That wasn't good news.
Dad has elected not to have any treatment and wears a DNR bracelet. (Do Not Recesitate) A number of the ministers have been to visit and Sunday he at a little but nothing he has to chew.
On Monday we got a more definitive answer. He has just days to live. I would say it is possible he could last through the weekend but nothing is for sure. The cancer has spread through his abdomin, chest and pelvis, which is probably why his legs didn't want to work. The leukemia is spreading also.
What we know is he has no pain as of now and will be brought home to die there. My brother Greg is coming right away inhopes he sees him before Dad's gone. My sister, Carol had him at her house for 2 months and she is facing surgery so won't be able to come to the funeral. Lani, my daughter had them at her house for a night or so and will try to be here for the funeral.

As I've said before his death will hit me at some point. Right now I am just glad he isn't in pain and is comfortable.

I have started this year with a bang. I've submitted to two contests, reviewed 3-4 pieces and am working on a piece for another contest. I'm not sure its good, but we'll see how it goes.
I will get my novel sent to my friend for editing then I need to find a group to help me with the submitting to publisher process. I know the process may be long an there may be many rejections, but I'lljust keep plugging along. If at some point the timing for this story isn't right and not because its a badly written story, I may think about self-publishing. I don't want to do it but I'd love to have it out there to see what the reaction is in the public sector.


             

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802450-Nearing-the-Shore