*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802657-Soar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1970405
A place to exercise my mind and build my writing skills, I hope.
#802657 added January 9, 2014 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Soar
On my way to work yesterday, just ahead of me in the sky was a flock of geese flying in a perfect "V" formation. They separated and came back together several times. They looked as though they were having fun, spreading out their wings and soaring. As soon as I could, I looked up the meaning of the Goose as a Native American Animal Totem. For those who are not familiar with totems, many Native American and other tribes look upon the symbolism of animals as lessons from the Creator. In some tribes, it is called "animal medicine." It is believed that when you have a lesson to learn, that animal will keep appearing until you have taken action to learn it. These are considered "message totems." There are also "journey totems," which are the "animal medicine" that a person carries with them throughout their life.

I found it very interesting and exciting when I learned that Goose symbolizes:

A belief in stories and legends
Communication, especially with the written word
Loyalty and Fidelity
Eating vegetables (one of my resolutions is to eat a healthier diet) and that
Their honking speaks of fulfilled promises that great adventures bring.


I'm so encouraged by this symbolism. I've just recently returned to writing and I'm also embarking on a scary, but exciting, new project at work.

I dug out Christina Aguilera's CD, "Stripped" to listen to on the way to work this morning. It's a fabulous collection that also includes her songs "Fighter" and "Beautiful." But the one that I'm going to hang on to as my mantra for today is "Soar:"

"Don't wait, no more,
Spread your wings and soar"


So, what are YOU waiting for?

© Copyright 2014 Parthena Black (UN: parthenablack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Parthena Black has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802657-Soar