*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802782-Beware-of-Google-Beta-or-Any-Browser-Update
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#802782 added January 10, 2014 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Beware of Google Beta or Any Browser Update
Tough morning! Miracle that I could finally manage to clean the laptop off the malware that sneaked in with Google Beta. I understand people need money from the ads, but sneaking inside computers just to flood them with ads negates the invention of computer technology and internet usage. People may just give up and go live other lives, like real lives interacting with each other face to face.

Weird thing is, the adware and malware have nice names like Webexenhanced, otshot, BTControlToolbar, Internethelper3, whitesmokebtoolbar, etc. (I think I forgot one of them, but it doesn't matter.) They try to make you think they are there inside your computer for a good reason. I don't know which one it was, but one of those wouldn't even let me search it through Google. It figures, right?

They even passed by Norton, PC Utility Kit, and Optimizer Pro. Years ago, I had anti-adware programs, too, but I figured, then, that they themselves were responsible for the occasional pop-ups I kept getting. So now, I try to clean up myself and use the PC Utility Kit at least twice a week, which the PC utility kit has the habit of dumping off the cookies from the sites I frequent, but that's little trouble, in comparison to the ads that won't let me open a page.

Of course, all the time I spent on these pests this morning doesn't make me immune to adware and whatever may pop up as the technology's sent-from-hell demons, but as they say, "Don't go in the kitchen, if you can't stand the heat." Lol!

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802782-Beware-of-Google-Beta-or-Any-Browser-Update