*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803080-Dear-Life
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#803080 added January 13, 2014 at 2:09am
Restrictions: None
Dear Life
Dear Life,





It's me. The one you've tried to bring down time and time again. The one who won't stay down and will always get up. I will always rise to fight again. You will not destroy me.





I have watched you bring down those close to me for years. You tear their life apart. Some resist. They stand their ground a rise above the emptiness you can bring. Others falter and ultimately fall. I will not be one of them.





You can throw your worst at me. It won't make a difference. I may stumble. I may fall. But I will always get back up.





I have faith in a higher power. I have faith in my dreams. I have faith in myself. That belief, that confidence, that hope is what drives me to resist the temptations of the dark side. To stand up and be strong. To stay strong. There is nothing you can do that I can't handle. Deliver your worst. I will win.





Through the rain there is a rainbow. Through the clouds the sun. There is always a brighter day, although it is inevitably bound to get worse before it gets better. It will. And even when I'm doubtful, I know I just have to wait.





I know who I am. I have my dreams and the strength and determination to achieve them. I will overcome every obstacle and there is nothing you can do about it. I am just obstinate enough to know that I will not fail. In the end, you will lose. I will live. Happily.





Sincerely,





A Fighter



© Copyright 2014 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803080-Dear-Life