*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804979-Epilogue-The-Final-Lead
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1967120
A story set in the 1960s about a young witch willing to sacrifice for her true love.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#804979 added January 28, 2014 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Epilogue: The Final Lead
“What happened to Carter?” Gretchen asked quietly soon after I finished telling the embellished version of my story, the one where I did not have to change my name, did not get cursed by my father, and did not have to flee from my family the minute I got out of the windowless dark room.


“I don’t know, probably grew old or got married to some other girl.  I don’t dare to call home or go find him.  I’m afraid the witches might find a way to track me.” Maybe the way to find Carter is right in front of me.


“Wait, so you haven’t left this house for over 50 years?” She asked sounding surprised.


I nodded and we sat silently on the bench.  I looked up at the second story window where my room and the belongings from my old life were located and quietly sighed.  In this world, only Tatianna Parker exists and all Lilianna Jameson has become is a character in my journal.


I turned my attention back to Gretchen, “So what’s your story? How did you and Adam meet?”


Her face turned slightly red, “It’s not as interesting as yours.  Are you sure you still want to hear it?”


How can her story not be interesting, an ordinary girl unexpectedly becomes a vampire? I doubt her family wasn’t freaked out and probably never want to see her again.  Maybe what she’s become is no different than what I did.  I smiled and leaned in, “Yes, of course, I am incredibly curious in how Adam picks his girl.”


She raised her eyebrow, she must think that after 50 years, I would know the guy but how do you get to know someone who’s barely here? I sighed and turned back at the girl Adam has chosen to love who surprisingly is the niece of my love.  She has begun chirping away her story but I was only half listening.  I was becoming excited that this girl can lead me to Carter.  No matter how old he is, I will always love him the same, I promised myself. 


© Copyright 2014 Y. Zheng (UN: yzheng at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Y. Zheng has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804979-Epilogue-The-Final-Lead