*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805105-Charles-Krauthamer-Things-That-Matter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#805105 added January 29, 2014 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Charles Krauthamer: Things That Matter
I’m reading Krauthammer’s book and it contains a delightful series of editorials he has written over the past years. Anyone who listens to him on Fox news knows he’s a force and is able to articulate his views in a clear and convincing manner.

He started out a liberal Democrat and became a Conservative Republican. He claims that the Democratic Party abandoned him and not the other way around. One of the pieces that really struck me was entitled The Central Axiom of Partisan Politics.

“To understand the workings of American Politics you have to understand this fundamental law. Conservatives think Liberals are stupid. Liberals think Conservatives are evil.”

He then goes on to explain why this is true.

What I find troubling is that stupidity can be illuminated, debated and subjected to the light of reason. Evil on the other hand is a belief driven concept codified in religious dogma. A belief system cannot be proved or disproved by empirical evidence and must be accepted by faith.

So how is it that Liberals would even consider using such a term. They are supposedly the champions of atheism so how could they ever subscribe to a concept such as evil. Yet they do. While the conservatives frame arguments in lucid and logical terms, the liberals are profane, intolerant, and use inflammatory language to demonize their conservative opponents. They behave like religious zealots who have forgotten the tolerance of a loving God. If anyone deserves the label EVIL it’s those who work tirelessly to turn our Democracy into a socialist state.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805105-Charles-Krauthamer-Things-That-Matter