*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805124-What-Song-Holds-The-Most-Memories-For-You
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#805124 added January 29, 2014 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
What Song Holds The Most Memories For You?
Welcome To My Reality Prompt: What song holds the most memories for you?

A lot of songs hold memories for me. The Beatles songs are the first time I knew what music was about. I was in second grade and when I hear their music, I am back living in Maryland. It was shortly after JFK was shot and I had seen him in person and three years later, Dad was on his way to Viet Nam.

I hear Glen Campbell songs, I am reminded of when I lived in Tennessee. I couldn't wait to get home to watch "Dark Shadows."

"Just You and Me" by Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbit reminds me of the day my husband and I got married. It is the first song we danced to at our Wedding reception.

When I hear Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard songs, they remind me of when my grandparents were alive and Grandma played country music all the time. "The Greatest Man I Never Know" reminds me of my grandfather. Every word relates to him. He died about twenty years ago.

The heavy metal bands of the 80's remind me of my son when he was growing up as a teen and we both loved that music.

Taylor Swift songs always remind me of my high school days and past boyfriends. Music speaks to the soul and triggers memories.

** Image ID #1967200 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805124-What-Song-Holds-The-Most-Memories-For-You