*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805535-Magical-Romance
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#805535 added January 25, 2023 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Magical Romance
Prompt: A picture of a light pink rose with lights shining like diamonds.

Caroline loved working at the bookstore she owned. Valentines Day. She had no boyfriend but she was young. She pushed back her long dark hair and made sure Valentine Cards, romance books, teddy bears and candy was in the Valentines display section. The bell over the door rang and she met him. A good looking man with blonde hair and he was really built.

"Hello, I'm Nigel Winston. Do you have coffee here? It is kind of cold outside."

Cold was an understatement. This was Maine and winter was still going on.

Caroline motioned for the man to sat in one of the booths at the right hand of the store. She sold coffee, hot chocolate, smoothies. donuts, cupcakes and cookies.

This is when the romance started.. He had presented her with a light pink colored rose that gave off light effects that look like diamonds. Caroline put the rose in a vase in water and it didn't die. Nigel told her it was a special rose and would live a long time.

Caroline and Nigel went to dinner, movies, a book convention and he was always fascinated by antique stores. He would point out items and knew the history of them. Caroline was fascinated by his knowledge of antiques.

They had walked in the park holding hands and shared warm embraces and long passionate kisses. He always looked sad. He lived in a cottage on the Filmore Estate and was a handy man for Lord Filmore.

Nigel had told Caroline that he loved her but couldn't stay. She asked him why. He told her that he had a job offer overseas. He couldn't be a handy man forever. Caroline wanted Nigel to take her with him. He told her she had a life here in Maine and had her book store to run. He left for a year and didnt write or anything. Caroline was sad.

A year later. Another Valentines Day. Nigel was stopping by after she closed the store. He was taking her out for dinner before he left for his next overseas assignment. Caroline was so sad. Nigel said he wasn't able to write. He was isolated at his job.

Caroline closed the store and they had a nice quiet dinner. Caroline begged Nigel not to leave her. He told her he had to and they would meet again.

They walked to the park and Nigel kissed Caroline good bye.

"I hate to leave you. I love you. I really do. There is no easy way to say this that you would understand. I am a Time Traveler. I can only stay in one place so long. Today I have to leave. I started my life as a Viking. One night, the ship I was on sunk. I started to travel through time. This is who I am."

Caroline was speechless. Nigel embraced her and Caroline told him that she loved him, too. Nigel disappeared in a fog. The fog cleared and another light colored pink rose appeared on the sidewalk and it, too was shining like diamonds.

Word Count: 498 Words

** Image ID #1854764 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805535-Magical-Romance