*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806496-What-did-you-do-to-make-someone-else-happy-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#806496 added February 9, 2014 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
What did you do to make someone else happy today
Today I came into the house to find my five year old busy with her own agenda.  Of course this included things she was not supposed to be doing like climbing to the top of the cupboards to get items that were forbidden to her.  She had gone out with us to do chores and had disappeared from the barnyard while we were busy.  When I discovered what she was up to I decided to let the kids and Denny finish the outside chores and i tried to get Isabel to climb into the chair with me to cuddle.  She was less than willing but eventually she gave in.  As we sat and watched tv with her she told me about her puppy.  I loved to hear her talk but I think she just needed to have some attention.  Sitting with my little girl and talking with her was a special moment for both of us.  I am glad I found this time to give her what she needed.  Sometimes our children need us to sacrifice for them; but its great when that sacrifice doesn't feel like one.

© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806496-What-did-you-do-to-make-someone-else-happy-today