*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806983-Love-Across-The-Water
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#806983 added November 12, 2022 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Love Across The Water
Prompt: A drawing of a woman sitting on the sand with her feet in the water putting a valentine in the water. Write a poem or short story about this.

Her boyfriend Jacob was on a Navy ship and Lisa missed him terribly. She was sitting by the ocean with her feet in the water holding the valentine that she made for him. People found messages in a bottle in all the time. Maybe if she put the valentine in the water, the sea would carry it to him. "Don't be silly" she said to herself. Just then a wave came in and she knew that she had better get out of the way. She started to get up but the ocean wave took her valentine away. She started to cry. She told herself it would be alright and she got up and headed for home. She could give him another one when he come home.

A mermaid found the valentine and she knew who it was for and how to find him. She took the valentine and swam across the ocean. It wasn't that long a trip for a mermaid. She dropped the valentine on the ship's deck when she got there. Jacob was walking the deck and missing Lisa. He saw the valentine and picked it up.

The writing was clear. "Dearest Jacob, I love you and miss you. Come home soon. Lisa"

How did the valentine get here? When Jacob got a chance to call Lisa, he told her that he got her valentine. It was on the deck and he had found it. Lisa was so surprised. The ocean had delivered her valentine. Jacob told her that he loved her and missed her, too and that he would see her soon. Lisa wondered how the valentine had made it's way there but maybe the ocean understood about love and delivered it for her, The mermaid was swimming as usual and she had been Cupid's helper. Valentines Day. She was on her way to meet her special merman. Love and Valentines Day is for all creatures great and small.

Word Count: 351 Words

Beautiful Mermaid and dolphin Poser by Angel.
© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806983-Love-Across-The-Water