*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807533-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#807533 added February 19, 2014 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Tuesday, my time and the end of the day. Time to write my journal and then off to bed.

Why do the days off go by so fast, while the days at work go so slow? Relativity, that's why.

Yes today was my first of two days off this week, and it was a pretty good day. Even though it was my day off, I spent a great deal of it working from home, catching up on some stuff that isn't real pressing, but needs to get done. I also made an online purchase for my fishing license, and that was quite an ordeal.

I had my account set up with the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish, and Parks, but it did not work. I tried everything, but no luck getting logged in. See, they changed things, so now one user name and one pass word work for all the state offices. But, my one name and password just would not work. So, I went in and set up my account all over again, then finally was able to make my purchase, only to find it would not print.

I tried a few times, changed settings, and just could not understand why I could not print out my new fishing license. Then it dawned on me, we had the internet fixed, and that required a new modem and a new network setup. Since the printer is wireless, it needed to be updated to the new setup, and I had not done that yet. So, I set the printer up and guess what? Yep, it worked like a champ.

After I got done with some printing, and work, I started in on creating supper. I prepared the meat and sauce, put them in the slow cooker, then Rhonda and I took the dogs and went into town to pick up a few things. We could have waited with them, but Rhonda had not driven the new van yet, so this was her opportunity to drive it. After all, she had been cleaning it out all afternoon. It's in good shape, but the previous owner delivered papers with it, and had a rural paper route. This resulted in a lot of dust inside, and Rhonda spent a few hours cleaning it out. She still has more left, but it's a lot better than it was.

I figured as long as we were going to go for a ride, we may as well go into town and pick a few things up. Rhonda drove in, we shopped, then I drove us back home. It was a nice night, but kind of busy in town. We got our shopping done, filled up on gas, and then I drove us home. Once we were home, we set about finishing our dinner, and then watched the tv for a while. Then, just when I was ready to shut things down and craw into bed, I remembered I needed to write in my journal, so here I am. Late on WDC, but it's only eleven thirty here in South Dakota, well at least on this side of the river.

Dinner turned out great, but I ate a bit too much, then it was relax while we finished watching out program. After,we watched something different while we enjoyed some ice cream. Now, it's time to shut down and go to bed. I'm very tired suddenly, and that's when I remember I need to write in my journal. Tomorrow I have to be up kind of early, but not for work. No, tomorrow I'm up early just to get out and enjoy some fishing.

The plan is to go out early and be in by mid afternoon. Then, I have ample time to enjoy some writing and reviewing, I hope. Of course, the plan can change easy enough, but I hope it sticks. I also hope it will be as nice tomorrow as it was today. It actually made it into the forties and wasn't windy. That alone is a rare thing in this state, and to be that warm is also rare fort this year. It's been so cold, always windy, and often wet.

Oh, I also played with the dogs for a while today. Well, it should be, "Rhonda and I played with the dogs today." Not only did they get some fresh air, but they had a blast, too. In fact, Hannah really got tired out running though the snow. It was a good day, busy but good. Now, if the problems with the direct deposit are corrected, I should have a pretty enjoyable day fishing tomorrow.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807533-Tuesday