*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807733-Silhouette-with-a-Big-Nose
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#807733 added February 23, 2014 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Silhouette with a Big Nose.
To the best of my knowledge, sketchy as that is, I don’t have a Hebrew heritage, but how much does one really know of such things? I do know that I have a big nose, and that in my lifetime there have been a number of attempts to punch it. *Bigsmile*. There is a quality about my persona that antagonizes others simply because its there. I don’t deliberately set out to be offensive but there is something rooted deep in my character that gives off a malice that incenses others, particularly those I’m meeting for the first time. Does any of this sound familiar?

Hesiod, who I frequently refer to, said there are three types of minds: those who can raise the bar and conjure the optimal out of thin air, those who know it when they see it and those who can do neither. For me life is a quest for the “Optimal.” I like to think I know it when I see it and that, by the Hesiodic standard, this qualifies me as a tier two thinker. It is my contention that knowing the optimal solution when one sees it is not too shabby. The key is not so much discovering (inventing)“best,” but rather once defined, working tirelessly to exploit the possibilities. The person who "thinks it up" is to be commended but those who see its glimmer in the brighter lamp of another, deserve some small modicum of praise and support. So to my thinking it isn’t grabbing onto the coattail and pinning "best" down where the real importance lies, but rather in taking that notion and using it to promote the welfare of mankind.

I submit to you that if there is a product-improved version of the human genome it's the Jews. Look at what this small fraction of humanity has produced in virtually every aspect of human excellence. The examples are so numerous I won’t even attempt to enumerate them. One day I suspect that a silhouette with a big nose will lead the chart showing mankind’s evolution upward from an ape. If this is true than think of the loss Europe suffered by the Holocaust. Think about what the United States gained. However, think most about a small nation, home of this unique culture, surrounded by hostile states hell bent upon its destruction. The stakes are enormous. The technology of weapons of mass destruction makes Israel more vulnerable with every passing day. Fanatical Islam, caught up in the euphoria of being a player in the End Game, will eventually have a capability to set in motion the apocalypse . Reason, which kept a lid on things through the Cold War, is not something the Middle East is long on. The seed of the planet’s future greatness is in jeopardy. The State of Israel needs to think less about an end game and more in terms of the best way to get their legacy and gene pool out of the line of fire. The old and the new paradigm are not mutually exclusive.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807733-Silhouette-with-a-Big-Nose