*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808934-List-Addition
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#808934 added March 4, 2014 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
List Addition
I forgot one:

Somehow, I've become single-handedly responsible for the quality of the church website, even though I've always been a volunteer, and even though I told the pastors a year ago that I don't have time for it anymore, and I even went so far as to move the design to Wordpress and simplify it so that it can be more easily maintained by new volunteers who may or may not know web code.

Through a series of unfortunate events, starting with the terminal illness and eventual passing of an elderly church member who owned the web hosting service we used, and ending with an accidental transfer of the web domain without first backing up the website contents, the church website became suddenly broken a few weeks ago. And even though we have several new volunteers who have stepped forward to take over maintenance of the website, I am somehow responsible for getting the content back up and running.

I'm trying not to be resentful of the pressure being placed on me, and I'm trying even harder to find the time to get the site back into shape, squeezing that in among all my other responsibilities. The site is usable now, at least, with pages full of accurate content and a restored church calendar link, and the site is ready to take new content by the new volunteers, as well as the pastors and videographers who upload weekly sermons and videos of the worship services. Yet somehow, I am being called out on Facebook when people ask what happened to such-and-such a sermon they can no longer access.

I didn't break the website, and in fact, I provided explicit instructions about how to properly transfer the website, starting with backing it up. I'm not pointing fingers, because the website was broken by accident, but I'm not responsible, and I'm getting a little annoyed at being called out as if I personally broke it. I'm just the person trying to fix it, the only person who is apparently capable of fixing it, and coincidentally, the person who has less than zero time to do so.

© Copyright 2014 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808934-List-Addition