*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809147-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#809147 added March 6, 2014 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Wednesday night -- already!!

Wow, it got real late on me tonight. Not that it matters here so much but it does in WDC. in here, in 750 Words, it's only going on ten o'clock, but in WDC it's already tomorrow. Of course, here in South Dakota, it's almost tomorrow, too. Almost but not quite. That means I made it in today, and that is the main thing. Not that it would be a crime to miss a day of my journal but it would be a disappointment for me. I may not write much, or anything of interest, but I write every day and that makes me feel good.

I feel pretty damn good today, too. Tomorrow will be hell, but today is a feel good day. It was my second day off this week, and my last day off. I slept in some, but not anything that granted me an excess of sleep, since I was up until one in the morning. After getting up, it was some coffee and then we, Rhonda and I, got busy. We had purchased quite a bit of meat that was on sale on Monday night, and we needed to get it put away. We had put it in the fridge, but had not separated and packaged any of it. We had picked up a big pork loin and a bulk package of ground beef. So, this morning after coffee, we set about dividing things up and putting them in the freezer.

The ground beef wasn't any trouble, just weigh it out for proper size and package it, then in the freezer it went. The pork loin was a bit more work, however. I cut a nice size loin roast off, then sliced some nice loin chops. I also cut the ends off for grinding. When I finished with the chops, I was near the end and it was kind of flat and odd shaped, so I cut a couple of chunks off for what ever we decide we want. Possibly it will be something oriental but who knows.

The ends got trimmed and then cut into chunks for grinding, then an equal amount of ground beef was set aside. I mixed up some seasonings and ground the meat up, then mixed in the seasoning and we made some breakfast sausage and some Italian sausage. I also combined the left over spices and made a pound of hot and spicy pizza sausage. Rhonda assisted and we enjoyed the task, then we cleaned up and set out to eat a little brunch. Only now it was getting past lunch time, so brunch maybe isn't the best term.

After we ate, we went out to shovel snow, having gotten about six to eight inches yesterday and last night. It was nice out, 44 degrees and mild winds. Rhonda worked on the end of the drive while I cleaned out around vehicles. Then, after I had it cleaned up pretty good, I cleaned off the vehicles and then cleaned up around them a second time. I was just finishing up when a guy pulled into the drive with a little loader and asked if we wanted some help cleaning up the snow. He was talking to Rhonda, but I went over as well. he wanted to know what all we needed to shovel out yet, so I told him I wanted to widen the drive a little and we needed to get to the front door.  He also finished the drive, and widened it to the east, too. It was nice to have him help out, he saved us a lot of time and even more work. The snow in front of the house was deeper, and the stuff on the side of the drive was packed and hard.

He made a big job a little task with the loader, and soon he had us all cleaned out. I offered to pay him but he would have none of it. He even offered to clean it out again, when we get more snow. He cleans out a woman's drive to the east of us, that he is related to, and said to just wave him in if we want some snow cleaned out of our drive. He was very nice, did a great job, and like I said, saved us a lot of hard work.

After he left, we backed the van up to the front door, since he had cleared a nice area for us, loaded up the garbage and drove to the dump. The van hesitated and died on us a couple of times, but restarted  right off. I'm not sure what the problem is, but know it needs attention. So when we returned form the dump, Rhonda drove it over to the shop and I picked her up. The mechanic thinks it may just be some valve that needs cleaning and is going to check things out tomorrow for us.

After we got back home it was time for dinner, so Rhonda worked on that while I downloaded some songs, then we chatted and listened to music all night. Well, late into the night. We danced a few times, but the last song was an even hotter dance. Nothing fancy, just a slow dance, but Rhonda was feeling a little frisky and the kissing and snuggling she was doing while we danced soon had me feeling pretty frisky, too. So we took some time and enjoyed a little passionate interlude before getting in here.

Now, I'm almost done and then need to get to get to bed. It's after midnight and I have to be up by three tomorrow morning. The wind picked up and it's blowing snow out, so I will have a slippery and snowy drive to work, then lots of snow to clean up, I'm sure, when I get there. It's also suppose to be blustery winds tomorrow and it's going to make for a cold and tiring day. Of course, once I get back home, I will take a nap, and Rhonda, who has the day off, will make sure I don't sleep too long.

So, for now, this is it. Wednesday's entry, even though it says Thursdays. I also have my day in for my March challenge for 750 Words, and still doing great.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809147-Wednesday