*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809359-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#809359 added March 7, 2014 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Late again. I have to get a handle on these late nights and start getting this written sooner. I had good intention of writing this entry early this afternoon, but I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I ended up falling asleep in my chair and taking an hour and a half nap. When I did wake up, I warmed up some leftover beef soup and had a bite to eat, then took myself a nice hot bath. After a nice soak in the tub, I felt a whole lot better. I decided to get supper going and then get online.

So, I set about making a nice big pot of chili, and once that was done, I settled down in my chair once again with my laptop and checked Facebook and MFP. After a quick look through them, I opened my e-mail and looked through everything in there. I had a message from Rhonda and one from my brother. I read what he had to say, wrote a reply, and then opened the letter from Rhonda. After reading her message, I wrote out a reply for her, too. I was still writing it when she came home from work. The afternoon was gone.

I talked to her for a few minutes and gave her a nice kiss and held her close. We started kissing and things progressed right into the bedroom. I did manage to get the potatoes started before we got lost in each other, and Rhonda set the timer so we would not burn them. Then it was off to the bedroom and just as things started to come to a peak, the timer went off. Of course, this far into the passionate interlude, we did not pay much attention to the timer and continued on. Soon we were lost into each other as the passion reached it's peak and exploded around us.

Now, as we lay together, lost in the loving afterglow, things began to settle back into perspective. We needed to get up and tend to dinner. Also, to emphasize this point, we could smell something burning. We got up and I went to the kitchen to investigate, sure the potatoes would be scorched black. But they weren't. They were looking just fine, and ready to be turned over. I stirred the chili, being careful of the bottom, but this was also just fine. The chili and potatoes were not burnt at all. Something in the oven must have spilled and was now burning off, that's all.

Supper turned out great, and we enjoyed a nice meal, then fed the dogs and took them out for the last time tonight. We settled back in to our chairs and put a show on Netflix and watched about half, then had some ice cream and finished watching tv. I was ready to go jump into bed and get to sleep, being very tired, and that's when I remembered that I had not written in my journal yet. Not only would I have missed the day, but I would have also failed at my monthly challenge in 750 Words. Luckily I had remembered, and now here I am, writing this entry once again in 750 Words and I will copy and paste it into Writing dot Com when I'm done.

It's not the easiest entry to write since I am so terribly tired. I find my eyes just do not want to stay open, and I think I could fall asleep typing if I let myself. I don't know why I'm so tired, it wasn't a bead day at all. Yesterday I was going on about two hour of sleep, and I understood being tired, but last night I got about seven hours of sleep, about what's normal for me, so I should not be this tired. It's been like this for the last few weeks, too. I thought at first I was coming down with something, but now I'm feeling better, just tired.

I don't understand it, but it's likely the weather and just a long, cold winter. I suppose that's a big part of it, and once we get a bit of sunshine, I'll feel just fine again. At least I hope so. I don't like being so tired I can't function, it messes up my afternoon, and that the only time I have to do anything. Well when I have to work early, anyway. I should have a good week and get some good rest, too. Well, not actually this week, it will be next week, but by my schedule, I will finish my week of work on Monday and have Tuesday through Thursday off. I also get to sleep in on Monday, since I switched with another guard and will work closing instead of opening.

For now, though, I have my 750 words done so I'm off to bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809359-Friday