*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809460-Books-For-The-Whole-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Soran
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1973342
A place for pointless news and disjointed personal musings.
#809460 added March 8, 2014 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Books For The Whole Family!
I got to take another trip to Barnes & Noble today, and came away with two tasty little fantastical treats to tide me over for the time being; The Rogue Crew by the late, great Brian Jacques, and The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I have some... Complicated tastes (like, have you even seen the "Favorite Music" section of my biography? I'm pretty sure liking Jonathan Coulton and Velvet Acid Christ at the same time should be physically impossible, but I managed it).

My reasons for getting The Rogue Crew are pretty simple; it's one of the only two Redwall books I haven't gotten around to reading yet. Once I've gotten through with this one, then I'll only have Doomwyte left to go and I'll have finally completed the entire series. It'll be kind of sad once it's over, actually; the feeling of browsing through my school library and picking out a new Redwall book to read is definitely one of the defining aspects of my childhood... I guess at least I have The Krimson Traitor, so I can try my hand at continuing the magic myself.

As for The Blade Itself, well, I mostly picked that out because I need some gritty low fantasy to sate my appetite until The Dark Defiles gets a release, and I've seen tons of praise across the internet for the First Law books, so I figured I'd give it try. I guess I could have finally gotten the third Song Of Ice And Fire book instead, which I'm sure would be great in its own right, but I'm honestly more in the mood for something with a little more excitement on top of the grittiness. This book seems like it'll fit the bill nicely.

© Copyright 2014 Soran (UN: soranmbane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soran has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809460-Books-For-The-Whole-Family