*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809629-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#809629 added March 10, 2014 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Monday afternoon, well, two minutes after noon. Getting in here this early is pretty good. Not that I have much choice, I either need to get in here early today or I'm going to have to hustle when I get home tonight. Normally I work mornings, but I switched with another guard and work his closing shift tonight. That means I won't get done work until about ten thirty and home around eleven or a little after. Nope, that's just too late, and since I'm use to getting to bed by nine at the latest, I'm going to be shot by then, too.

It's been a pretty good day so far. We brought the van back in to the shop, it's still doing the same thing, only even worse now. It's odd, we just had it in, and he found a collapsed vacuum line. He replaced it, run it a little and everything was doing great. Rhonda drove it a little after she picked it up, and no problems. She drove it to work and again, it worked fine, then the next trip it started to act up a little. Now, it will barely run at first. After it's warmed up, it seems to run better, but try and keep it running long enough to warm up. And, it's doing the exact same thing it did before. Hopefully it's something little, the line came undone, or the actuator the line operates needs a good cleaning.

The Jimmy isn't running the best, either. It was barely starting, but after I changed the spark plugs it was better. It's still starting kind of hard, but not as bad as it was. Well, not yet. It seems to be getting worse, too. I stopped to pick up a new distributor cap and rotor, hoping that will fix it, but they had to order it. It should be in tomorrow morning, and maybe we can make a trip in to get it. We both have the next few days off, so it would be a good time to change the cap and rotor out. It would also be a nice opportunity to try the van out if he has it fixed in time. Again, I'll be hopeful that it's something little, a quick and inexpensive fix. I'm also going to be hopeful that the cap and rotor will fix the Jimmy and we will have them both running nice again.

It's another nice day here, currently fifty degrees and the snow is melting fast. Of course, that creates another problem, mud. The fast melt is making everything muddy, and it won't take long for our driveway to turn into a soupy mess at this rate. Most of it is pretty good, but there is one area that always gets muddy. Hopefully it will thaw fast, drain fast and be solid again soon. But, they are saying it's likely we will get rain tonight, turning over to snow by morning. Some forecasts say up to three inches of new snow, others say an inch. I'm not sure if that's with the rain, and we will see very little snow, or if that's how much snow after the rain ends. I will check it again later and see if they have any updates, but hopefully that will miss us, too.

Although, the rain would be alright, it would melt off the rest of the snow, clean things up nice, and drive the frost out of the ground so the mud can dry up. But, if we have to take snow and ice with it, I'll pass and just wait for the sun to melt and dry things up. I don't want to drive home in freezing rain, on icy roads, and sticky, sloppy snow. Besides, if it's bad, I may have to go in and work tomorrow as well, and I would just as soon have the day off, like I should. So, the weather can miss us, or just stay warm enough to rain tonight and tomorrow. No ice, no snow, just a soft gentle rain to clean things up and get rid of the snow and thaw out the ground.

Now, as I near my quota of 750 words, I'm going to take a few minutes to find something to eat, then hopefully get some reading and reviewing done in Writing Dot Com after I copy and past this entry. So far, I'm doing great in here, 750 Words, and am now one third of the way through the March challenge. I did miss one day in Writing Dot Com, but only because their time is an hour later than mine. All in all, doing good with the journal and doing great with the March challenge. Just twenty one days left to go.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809629-Monday