*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809879-Writing-in-Bite-Sized-Chunks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#809879 added March 12, 2014 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
Writing in Bite Sized Chunks
Wednesday is always a busy day at the first of the month. On the first Wednesday of the week there is the meeting with the River Valley Flyers, and on the second is the one with Afterburner Aviation. These are in the evening and of course on every Wednesday morning is breakfast with the guys in Wisconsin Rapids. Around 3:00 PM I'll be leaving for Weyuwega.

I'm continuing to work on my Final Exam for about an hour each day. Trying to cram, like I used to do in College, doesn't work well for me as a writer. I need to write a little every day whether I feel like it or not. Then comes the edits, where I read it over and over and tweak the "resonance," grammar and spelling.

To understand the Exam maybe a link to the six vignettes I wrote would be helpful. This was a weekly requirement in the course. I compiled them all into one static item called "The Whole Shebang." Here it is. Again, be advised the content is rated GC. The language is restrained, but the subject matter still rates the GC classification. Don't say I didn't warn you.

 The Whole Shebang  (GC)
A compilation of the 6 Romantica lessons
#1980867 by percy goodfellow


At this point in the outline... see yesterday's blog. I have the vignettes, thus enough material to take a stab at an outline. I have the outline, which enables me to concentrate on writing in a limited scope. I have the components I want to make sure I include in the manuscript and I intend to layer these like a fine arts artist in a painting. Now it's time to start writing the prose, one bullet at a time in the outline.. When I finish I'll have a very rough draft that will take at least four days of editing.

In graduate school a professor told me that "A task expands to fill the time available." I can certainly write faster when I have to, but given the two weeks allowed, I'm taking my time and doing just a little each day. I know for most of you this approach may seem unnecessarily complicated but it works well for me. Perhaps this is because my Brain (Bio-CPU) is small and writing a novel requires juggling a lot of balls. When I try and keep more then three in the air at the same time they soon all wind up on the ground--- or out the window or vanished like that South East Asia airliner. I think you get the picture.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809879-Writing-in-Bite-Sized-Chunks