*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809898-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#809898 added March 12, 2014 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
ere I am, and here we go. Day twelve of the month, and getting close to half way through the March challenge. So far, I've done good and made every entry on time in here, in 750 words. However, I did make one of them late enough that by the time I copied it over to Writing dot Com, it registered on the following day. Of course, it is an hour later at Writing dot Com than it is in South Dakota. So, on time for me, but after midnight on site. Not that it makes a bug difference in Writing dot Com, but I do like to see the full month covered without missing a day. In here, in 750 Words, it does make a difference, as it restarts the count for days of writing without missing, and with the Monthly challenge, it means winning or losing the challenge.

Today is one more day down and my second day off this week. I get three this week and I'm glad because they are going by way too fast. I didn't get a lot done over the past two days, but I did get a little bit taken care of. We took the van in for repairs and have that back again. I also fixed up a new seat for my fishing, especially ice fishing. I don't think I will get much use out of it this season anymore, but next year. We still have ample ice, but it is melting fast in the nice weather we are having. Not that I'm complaining, I have had enough of the cold for one season.

Hopefully things work out so I can get out and try out the seat I rigged up, but who knows what is in store. I know I would enjoy another restful day tomorrow at home with the dogs instead of getting out on the ice. I would enjoy it even more if Rhonda was home, but the third day off each week is only a result of one of us working and the other staying home. So, one week I work Thursday and Rhonda gets it off, then the following week she works and I get to stay home. By this summer, if all works out right, we will both have three days off each week. Of course, I'm sure there will be some weeks we fill in for someone, but most of the double coverage season should be with three days off each week. Of course, the days we work will be long ones, especially for me, since I will be doing one twelve hour day, one eleven hour day, one eight hour day, and one six hour day. That's a full week for our job; I know, it adds up to thirty seven hours, but with over lapping shifts, it will be closer to thirty eight hours with two to prevent going into overtime if someone is late.

Rhonda will also pick up six more hours and still get an extra day off every second week, or three days off a week. She will only have one long day of twelve hours, but that's enough. I have it figured out for her to have the long day the last day before her three days off, which will make it easier for getting rested up again after working that long. Of course half of the twelve hour day will be with another person to assist, so it shouldn't be to exhausting. Mine would be terrible except I also have someone assisting the busy afternoons, and my last day is a short six hour day after working a twelve on Friday, my first day back, then eleven on Saturday, and eight on Sunday. Yep, after that, a six hour day will be great, then three days off.

Of course, that only works if we continue to have a full crew and they pull their shifts without a lot of missing work. I think we are setting pretty good with the crew we have, but I never know. About the time it seems everyone is content and things are doing fine, I find someone who is looking for other work, needs time off for something, or just up and quits. It's been that way for a year and a half so far, and I'm ready for a break from that. Hopefully this year is that break and things will be different. I would really enjoy seeing things work according to the schedule and according to plan for the whole summer and even longer.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809898-Wednesday