*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809932
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#809932 added March 13, 2014 at 2:20am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 67: Andrew - All Too Familiar Horrors
“Regulator! Move!” Andrew heard a recognizably1 raspy voice shout from behind him. He was still slightly recuperating from getting splattered in a ton of blood from behind. He turned around to see The Bedlam and Gabi standing together on top a small hill that just barely rose above the roof of the cabin. The Bedlam held a rifle that seems almost familiar, it seemed a lot like the rifle Kyle used to use. “Regulator! Move, now!” The Bedlam shouted again. Finally snapping to his senses, Andrew turned and ran away from Nick, around the cabin and too the back door. There he found Brandon, smashing away on the back door like it was nobody’s business.

“You know, when they renovated these cabins, you think they would have kept the backdoors in place instead of trying to board them up.” Brandon said, through gasps of breath.

“Yeah, but where would the logic in that be.” Andrew said, approaching the door. He picked up a rock off the ground and began banging on the door as hard as he could, hoping to break through the renovated, but thin, wall that had been put up behind it.

“Why even leave the door and stair case here if you’re just gonna board it up?” Brandon asked.

“I dunno man, the camp always cut corners on a lot of things. Just keep hitting it, we need to get through.”

“And can we be of any assistance.” The two heard behind them, they turned to see the Bedlam and Gabi approaching them rather calmly, given the circumstances. Andrew rushed forward and hugged Gabi, relieved to see her alive and well.

“Are you okay?” Andrew said, hugging her as she hugged back.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine. I promise.” Gabi said, a hint of joy in her voice.

“Surprising enough, the Counsel isn’t as weak as you think, Regulator.” The Bedlam commented.

“Oh, he gave you a dumb name too?” Andrew asked Gabi. She shook her head yes, slightly rolling her eyes, “Look, I appreciate your help, but can ya drop the crazy psycho s*** for like ten minutes while we try and sort this situation out?”

The Bedlam outstretched his arms and grinned, “How may I be of service?”

Andrew pointed to the cabin’s boarded up backdoor, “We need to get through there before the undead get through the other side.”
“Hmmm, it would seem simple enough. If you hadn’t wasted so much time talking to us.”

“What?” Andrew asked, confused. And thats when he heard the all too familiar sound of woods splintering, young children screaming, and gunshots firing so erratically that there was no way they were hitting their mark.
© Copyright 2014 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809932