*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809933
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#809933 added March 13, 2014 at 2:21am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 68: Logan - Relief
He didn’t feel anything. He could see the tear in his sweatshirt, the blood all over him, the bite mark in his arm. He could hear the screams of his friends around him, the gunshots outside, the growls of the monsters clambering their way into the building. He could smell the death all around him. He could taste the vomit residue in his mouth. He could even feel the shooting pain from his arm as more and more blood leaked out of it and down to the ground. He felt a second zombie crash into him and knock him to the floor. And he felt as the zombie dug into his stomach, blood spewing out in every which way direction as the undead monster pulled out his meat, flesh, and insides and feasted on them.

But at the same time he couldn’t. He couldn’t feel any of it, nothing at all. Because he was overwhelmed with only one feeling.

Relief.

It was over. He was leaving. He was going to actual safety. Finally. The twelve year old boy was finally waking up from the nightmare in a happier place.
© Copyright 2014 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809933