*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810402
Rated: 13+ · Book · Supernatural · #1982204
Welcome to the Broken Asylum, here we will take quality care of you during your stay.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#810402 added March 17, 2014 at 2:56am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2.
Broken Asylum


2.


"So Tamara is in room 2685?" Anna asked, following Adam down the hallway.

She lost count at how many times they turned corners and how many doors they went through. They came to a door with the number 2685 printed on it. There was a key pad next to it. Adam brought out his card and swiped it.


Ding.
The door opened revealing another door that was sealed with three different locks. Next to the door there was a hand print reader, another card reader, and eye reader. Anna was impressed at the security measures they took for this one.

"Why such a tough lock up?" Anna asked, raising her eye brow at Adam.

"It's to keep her in. She would break down the door if we didn't have all this. It's sealed shut, she's not going anywhere," Adam explained, winking at her, "I'll be damned if she ever gets out. Now let's move on."

Adam opened all the locks, and pressed a button. He moved towards another door on the left, he opened and walked in. Motioning for Anna to follow.

"This area is where we make sure she's numbed enough to where we can go in safely and get out. Use this shot if she does manage to move." He handed her a shot filled with green liquid.

"Alright." Anna replied.

"Look, Anna." Adam said, pointing towards the window.

Anna looked into a dark room, the lights shot on and she saw a blue haired girl sitting in the corner. Anna stared confused, she then looked more closely when the girl looked up.

"Oh my..those eyes," Anna mumbled, eyes going wide, "I guess take away the red eyes and she would somewhat normal."

"Somewhat normal is correct. I guess she could be pretty if you take away her teeth too."

"Her teeth?" Anna asked, growing confused again.

"You'll see," Adam replied, chuckling at his own joke, "let's go in."

Once inside, Anna walked towards the girl. "Hello, I'm Anna Meeks, I'll be your new doctor. I'll be taking care of you now."

Tamara stared her down. Her lips moved up into a grin, showing her teeth. Anna stared shocked at the teeth.

"Oh my, they're sharp," Anna said bluntly.

"Yup, sharp as a shark." Adam rolled up his sleeve and showed her his arm. On his arm there was a scar. It was easily made out to be a bite mark.

"She did that?" Anna asked, moving slightly closer towards Tamara. Her hand moved towards her pocket where the shot was located.

"Can I check your vitals?" Anna asked, hoping Tamara wouldn't move.

Tamara stared at her for a few seconds then nodded. Anna checked her vitals and wrote down the information in her file.
"Thank you."

Tamara stared down at her hands. She twitched. Her arm moved.

"Anna, we need to get out of here," Adam said, placing his hand on Anna's shoulder.

"Alright," Anna said, standing up. She placed her hand inside her pocket, and stepped towards Adam.

Tamara was on her feet in a flash, she grabbed Anna's arm, jerking her back. Before Adam could react, she grabbed his shirt and shoved him back. Turning back towards, Anna she grabbed her and jerked her towards her, using her as a shield.

Adam froze, he looked at the window. He was frozen in fear for Anna. If he made one wrong move she could die, and he couldn't have that.

"Tamara, let her go, she's done nothing to you." Adam said, trying to get Anna released.

"How about no," Tamara replied, grinning, her voice sending shivers down Anna's spine.

Before Adam could react, Tamara bit down on Anna's shoulder, causing Anna to cry out in pain. Anna reached into her pocket and grabbed the shot. She jabbed it into Tamara's leg, causing Tamara to let go.

When Tamara released her, Anna moved towards Adam. Tamara went down like a light. The door swung open and three guards came in.

"Hurry before she awakens." One of the guards commanded.

Anna and Adam moved towards the door, it closed with a bang.

"We need to get your shoulder checked out," Adam said, inspecting it, "are you in a lot of pain?"

Anna shook her head and held her shoulder, trying to stop the bleeding. "1st day on the job and I already messed something up."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Anna. We didn't know she was getting immune to that dosage." Adam assured her, "let me take you back towards your room."

-x-


After many examinations from the doctors, they decided Anna can be released. They ushered her back towards her room and made her take the night off.

When Anna made it back into her room, she found a trey sitting on her desk. Taking the lid off the trey, she found a sandwich, and a bottle of water.

"Yay, food."

She unwrapped the sandwich and brought it up to her mouth. The door slammed open and a historical Molly walked in.

Molly yelled, "What the hell happened?"

Anna smiled meekly at her, "Well, I was attacked?"



© Copyright 2014 Snailnea (UN: snailnea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Snailnea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810402