*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810408-DW-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1982211
Allie doesn't understand why she keeps having these dreams. What do they mean?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#810408 added March 17, 2014 at 3:56am
Restrictions: None
DW: 1
Journal of Master hunter, Allan.

1870,

I think I've finally done it. If this potion should work, years of blood, sweat and tears will be payed off. The demons will not see this coming, but first I will need a test subject and I have the perfect one in mind. Countless human lives are counting on this potion. I can not fail, if I do fail, I will resign as master hunter.

Please, God, I am praying for this to work.


-


The sound of snapping branches brought me to my senses. I was sitting upon the mountain's edge, my legs dangled off.

I heard them the moment they came upon me. Perhaps I should surrounded myself to the hunters. I've done nothing but hurt. I've killed, I've taken the hope out of people's lives. I'm surprised they haven't hunted me down sooner; did they just now hear that he threw me out of his care?

"Why are you here?" I asked, I knew the answer. My life.

Silence answered me back. I heard the footsteps come closer. His footsteps stopped behind me a few feet. He was keeping his distance.

"Allie Pierce, you are being arrested for the lives of hundreds. You have two options, come silently or die." His voice hit me, I've heard this man's voice before, I just can't place my finger on it.

"I see," I said and stood from my seat. I turned around and tied my long, black hair in a ponytail, "I suppose I will come with you."

I could see the shock on his face. He wasn't expecting me to come with him so easily. It's not like I have anything to live for. Tomorrow would be my 18th birthday, the day where I stop aging altogether. The day where I am crowned in my family. I don't want this life.

"Can you just kill me? I don't feel like rotting in your prisons for decades," I said. I moved towards the hunter in front of me. Should I kill him and get it over with? Spend a lifetime of being hunted by these morons. No. I will end this tonight.

I felt my nails extend to claws. My fangs sharpened to a point. I was a deadly monster, ready to pounce and destroy. I faltered, I felt his presences a few miles away. I needed to finish this fast before he ruined everything.

"You need to make it look like I struggled. We don't have time, my guardian will be here soon and it will not be pretty for you hunters," I stated and made my move. I saw the hunter remove his dagger, something dripped from the tip of the dagger. I slowed my movements and he made his move. The dagger went into my heart and I felt the world start to spin. It was angelic steel and holy shit, did it hurt. I coughed and stumbled.

"You think we would let you just die? No, I've poisoned this dagger with a potion I made. You will wake up with no memory of this or anything you've done," The hunter said, he had a grim expression on his face.

His words were fading, the word was becoming dark. I felt like I was dying. "In some century, you will wake up human. Until then, demon."

-


I felt her presence fading from the earth.

I am Eric, Allie Pierce's demonic guardian. It is my job to make sure she is safe. She did her usual distracting me and running. I should have known. I should have fucking known she was up to something. If anything happens to her, her father will have my head.

Please, be safe, Allie, I thought to myself as I rushed through the thick woods. My mind is screaming something is wrong with her. I shouldn't be feeling like this. With a roar, I increased my speed. My sword was already drawn, steel for humans and the..angelics of the world.

It hit me like a carriage. Her life force was gone. The connection between us was gone.

"Shit!" I cursed. I was getting closer to the mountain's edge. The clearing came into view. My sword was ready for blood.

I smelled the humans before I saw them. When I finally saw the group of humans I felt rage in my body. My white hair blew in my eyes as I ran into the clearing. I saw her laying there in a pool of her blood. Her hair was soaking most of it, but the earth was absorbing her precious blood.

"What have you done?" the words left my lips before I registered I spoke.

"Only what she asked of us," said one. I knew him, Allan Lara. The lead hunter. Only he would dare to speak to me. "

I didn't think, my brain was closed off. I attacked most of the hunters. My sword tasting their blood, I felt its dark energy flow into me as I tasted more and more of the disgusting human blood.

The only one left was Allan. He stared me down, his sword drawn. He was ready to die, just as I was ready to kill.

"You have four seconds to get the fuck out of here before I rip you to shreds," my voice came out demonic. Kyle will be most displeased when he finds out about this.

The hunter said nothing as he turned around and ran as fast as he could.

"Four."

I easily caught up to him, my sword impaled his back. He coughed and leaned forward. I yanked my sword from his back and turned away from him. My only thought was to get Allie out of here and home to her father. When I lifted her bridal style I started walking slowly to her father's home.
© Copyright 2014 Snailnea (UN: snailnea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Snailnea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810408-DW-1