*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810545-Ill
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#810545 added March 18, 2014 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Ill
I guess there ought to be something said about "ill". Where did that word ever come from. I have been that word of late and I am not sure what that is all about. I was achy all over on Sunday just before I went to work and I am in recovery mode today. One of the question on our work log asks whether we are ill. What is a person supposed to do, lie? I have consulted with others who have said it is against the law to have to divulge that information. Alack, it bespeaks the crassness of a system gone wrong. There is no such thing as a sick day in the security business. If you are sick for a couple days they require you get a doctor's not to go back to work. Not only that you have to give eight hours notice if you want to call off sick. Ill means just that Ill(I'll) go to work.

I continue you to be in an adventure that sees me doing formal church work. I talked to my buddy on the weekend and he was sharing about joining a softball league for the first time in ten years. It has always been in his first love until he blew out his calf muscles. He decided he wanted to give it another try. He did not want to leave playing with regrets. As I listened to him I thought of my own situation. Ministry was the only thing I Knew ten years ago and then it was taken from me. I do not want to leave regretting ever have tried to be a pastor again. I feel shaky as I enter the pool of ministerial potential, more will than ill though.


© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810545-Ill