*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810806-Beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#810806 added March 21, 2014 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
PROMPT: Would you rather be SUPER INTELLIGENT or EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING? Why?


There is no question, SUPER INTELLIGENT. Looks will fade over time. Unless I made very good money with my looks and saved it to pay for operations, I'm stuck when I get old.

Super intelligent people, don't worry about looks over much. They are prized for what they contribute to society. When we look at the people in the news that have great strides in our lives, we don't look at their face. Most times we don't even know what they look like.

People like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Donald Trump and men or women like that do worry about whether they are good looking. If you dress appropriate for your age and job, walk and talk with confidence, people will naturally gravitate toward you. There are names in the news who have done things but I wouldn't recognize them on the street. I may use their invention, procedure or read their books, but not know them.

As a writer, I love to talk to published authors. I don't care what they look like, I want to know what they do when they write. Even though it is entirely a personal experience, there might be something I can adopt to help me become a better writer.
We all know the right answer to this question. There is something in the "wrong" answer that gives us pause. If you aren't pretty by popular standards you wish you were. It's very hard to tell someone, even the "pretty" people that they have achieved that point. I've seen people so over proceedured who still think they need more. We all know Joan Rivers and others who have changed their looks to meet the popular standards.

The other night I watched Once Upon a Time. The girl that gets killed at the end of the show had her lips plumped. I watched her kiss the man and was disgusted. It really turned me off seeing those oversized lips kiss. I shuddered. Really I did. Big lips that look natural to a persons face doesn't bother me. I've seen this fad to plump lips but when its overdone, it looks just the opposite. Bite your lips a little for color or outline them to accentuate them, but don't "plump" them with fat, some people or doctors don't know when to quit. 

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810806-Beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder