*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811144-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#811144 added March 24, 2014 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
I may as well get this done while I have the time. I'm sitting in Hi-Vee using their Wi Fi and waiting for Rhonda to get done. She's working and will be done around five this afternoon, which means I have a loton my hands and not much I can do with it.

The situation is, we only have one vehicle we can use right now, since the van is messing up. So, she gave me a ride in this morning, then went back home until it was time for me to get done and time for her to start. She drove back in, and I could drive home, but I have to come back in then, to pick her up from work. This not only burns up an extra hour or more of my time, but it puts more miles on an old vehicle as well as requiring more gas.

So, I opted to stay in town and wait, save the time and the gas, and some money. So, here I am, looking around online and trying to stay awake. I was doing good, but now I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I suppose part of it is not getting a full nights sleep last night. But, I seldom do, and I had quite a good night. I mean, I was in bed earlier than most nights and I slept well. I also had a nice day off on Sunday, so I got a chance to rest up even more than usually, since I work Sundays.

Another cause for being so tired may be that I have not eaten much yet today. I had some cold cereal and a granola bar. I also had mysef four cups of coffee already. I have been cutting back on my coffee consumption. I must have cut it in half, likely more. That's been a while since I've changed the amount of coffee, so I doubt that's the problem. I haven't been taking naps, either, so I can rule that out. Not that it matters, I have the next few days off, or should have, and that will give me time to get rested up.

Hopefully we can get the van fixed over the time I have off, too. Then I can drive in by myself and home when I get done work. Not that I mind the company, Rhonda is a great lady and we get along wonderfully. No, I like the together time, but I don't like the waiting like this. The only other option is to put another trip on the Jimmy, and at fifty miles, round trip, I don't like that either. It's old and may not have a lot of miles left, so I don't want to run up extra if it's at all possible.

Of course, the cost for gas is horrific, and fifty miles a day ties five days is 250 miles and the old Jimmy does not get the greatest mileage. Then, there's the time it takes. An hour of driving time, plus there's usually a waiting period before she gets out form work. Lets say about a a half hour or so. It all adds up, over the week to about seven and a half hours of time burned up, maybe more, and nothing done. No, I just don't like losing that much time each week.

That's likely another reason I'm so tired, stress.  Work tends to pile it up on me, and it seems there is always something going on I have to deal with. Now add this vehicle problem in and the stress is double. In addition, it's cold around here. We are getting a lot of cold air in the area, and when it does warm up, it's only for a day or two, snows or rains then turns cold again. Also, it's been very windy, especially on the cold days. Some sunshine on my bare skin would help so much.

Yep, when I look at it all, I can see why I'm tired. There's another part to it, too. I am an introvert and require down time, spent by myself. This is where I go to write and create. It's time with myself that I can spend creating and sorting things out. Sometimes I can write a great bit and flex my creative muscles, other times, I just reflect inward and sort things out. Only, there just hasn't been any time to spend with self for a long time.

And, that's the one thing I need most. Time to get things back on tack.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811144-Monday