*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811210-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1983400
Nate seeks his brother ...what he encounters are Jinn.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#811210 added March 24, 2014 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue



Restless and tired, lately my parasomnia has taking its toll on me. I have not had a good night sleep since my brother Jayden vanished thirteen years ago. My brother the around the clock tormentor was two years older than I was, and the day he went missing everything changed. Soon after my parents divorced, I was nine years old at the time and was torn between homes. I lived with my mother most of the time, which by the way was not easy. She constantly moved homes, and I went from school to school. Friends were not easy to make nor keep, for that matter, and I would struggle in making new friends. I for one am not shy, more like one who avoids first interaction, not to say that I am a snob either! I prefer others to make the first move, not to say that I am a chicken. Ugh! Perhaps, no words could describe me.


In the last two years of high school I met Mavi, a well-mannered Turkish guy who is multi-talented. Literally, his talents include martial arts, dancing, art, sport and on and on. Out of nowhere He ap-proaches me and straight out said ‘hey bro you got a minute?’


I remember my hesitation in replying, unsure of his intentions. Why after one whole year would he suddenly want to talk to me? Mavi pulled me aside accompanied by a very pretty girl I’ve never seen before who calls herself Pee Wee. An unusual name, but fitting at that, because she was indeed a tiny girl standing at five feet. So getting back to the point, Mavi pulls out a class photo from his back pack and gave it to me. It was my class photo from last year. Seeing the photo for the first time, I never pur-chase school photos as I don’t need reminding that I had no friends, so when I saw it I freaked out. A silhouette of what looked human, was standing right behind me.


That day I became the talk of the school, people thought I had a guardian angel others thought it was the devil. But me, I believed it to be my brother, and I still do.


Since that day up until mid-semester, Pee Wee insisted on photographing me, but the shadow never appeared again, so she said. I never saw her after that. Mavi on the other hand, he kept on hanging with me, and we became best mates.


Now I am twenty one years old, and share an apartment with Mavi. Mavi has his life planned out, cur-rently he studies law, and I…well I work at a coffee shop full time, have been since graduating from high school. It’s not the best paying job in the world, but it gets me by.


jeminem
© Copyright 2014 Jeminem (UN: ella_moor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeminem has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811210-Prologue