*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811238-Death-a-Constant-Companion
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#811238 added March 25, 2014 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Death a Constant Companion
Ecclesiastes 7:1 King James Version:  A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth .

Death seems to catch us off guard when it knocks on our doors.  We seem to be in denial that such a final and undesired thing could ever happen to us.  The very thought of our death is distasteful and disdainful, and yet, we all know that the ultimate price for living is death.

Death walks with us daily.  It has a front row seat to all our activities.  Frequently, we get reminders that death is standing by on the ready, and some have even reported seeing the light, and turning back.  Yes, death is always present.

Many years ago, a young man who was a drug addict from the time he was 14, told me that over his life, he had learned that everybody was issued a ticket at birth.  He said that the ticket was ours and ours alone.  He also said that you can give it away.  You can't exchange it.  You can't extend it.  You can't get a new one, and you surely can't lose it.  You and only you can cash in that ticket!

Another person told me that death is a part of life.  As surely as you live you are going to die.  The question that you should be asking is will I be prepared to make the transition from this life because transition I must.  No, we will have no say over the where, the when, the how or the time, but we can live as if every day is our last day on earth or our first day with the King (our Lord and Savior).

We do have choices in how we live our lives.  We also have some choice in how we die.  We can die in sin or we can die in Christ with the hope of resurrection on that great morning when Christ shall return again to gather up those who have proven themselves worthy.

So, yes, death is a constant companion, and indeed not a happy one, but one that should remind us of our immortality, and the second coming.  Death our constant companion can motivate us to living a good life or we can walk in fear of dying and be more focused on dying than living.

Choosing to live and to accept death as the ultimate proof of life will free you to live life to the fullest. 

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811238-Death-a-Constant-Companion