*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811429-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#811429 added March 26, 2014 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Guess what? Yeah, it's getting late tonight and I'm just getting in here. So, how did you know? Okay, for those of you who have not read any of my posts, that's sarcasm, based on the fact that I tend to get in here late all the time, and the few times I do make it before it's time for bed are the rare exceptions. It's just the way I work, I reckon.

Anyway, today was my second day off this week, and it was a pretty nice day. Windy out, but nice. Let's see, it was 57 degrees outside, and the wind was blowing like a whore on steroids. But, that's alright, I didn't have to work out in it, Rhonda did not have to work out in it, and for those guards who did work today, at least it wasn't cold out with the wind making it worse. Even so, it's miserable to work in this kind of wind. One wrong move and guests paperwork is gone, whether it's them or us guards, it's just gone. Also, even if we hold on tight to the paperwork, trying to read and scan it in this wind is next to impossible. Finally, the dirt and grit just don't stop, our eyes are blasted constantly, and we are instantly covered in dirt and grit.

But, that's the job, rain or shine, calm or hurricane, we do our job in all weather, every day, 363 days out of the year. Yeah, we get Thanksgiving and Christmas off, so I didn't writ that incorrectly. I guess we share a few things in common with the mail man, only he does not deliver on Sundays or any federal holiday, while we work seven days a week, and all but two holidays.

I did get some things accomplished today, for a change. Rhonda cut my hair and I got my whiskers trimmed up nice. Hopefully soon I can actually shave and not freeze my face. It does feel good to have my hair trimmed up and my beard and mustache trimmed. I made us a nice dinner, we got a nice Bible study done, and I talked to the local mechanic about the problem with the van. We kind of had it figured out, but he confirmed the same. It's not very likely anything other than the EGR assembly, and he is going to replace it tomorrow. I just hope that is all it is and it will run nice for us now. It's going to be kind of expensive to replace, but if it fixes the problem, we should be further ahead in short order.

First of all, it will get better mileage once it's running right, and secondly, we will not be putting near the miles on the Jimmy, which does not get very good mileage at all. We likely will have the parts and labor paid for in a couple of months just by what we save on gas. I won't even estimate what we will save on time. But, time saved will be awesome. We have seen how much more time we have with two vehicles, and the time is better used, because there is not interruption to run in and pick up the other person, as well as the fact that the time is at home, not waiting in town.

I also rigged up a cloths line and hung a blanket out that we keep in the back seat for the dogs. It was full of hair from them, and with the wind blowing so hard, it was the perfect day to hang it out and get the hair blown off of it. I think that's about it, but that's still pretty good. I did want to get in here for a while, but that just did not happen. That's all right, though, there is still tomorrow, and with most of this stuff done and out of the way, hopefully tomorrow I can spend even more time in here than I would have been able to today. I need to do one more proofing of the items I am going to submit for the anthology, and I would like to read and review a bit.

Now, however, it's time to relax, watch something on Netflix, finish my wonderfully bodied red wine, and then go snuggle up to my wonderful wife. Tomorrow we will see how things work out, and hopefully I will be back in here to get a few things done.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811429-Wednesday