*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811481-An-incident-while-driving-home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #1972947
This is gonna be thoughts and mental ramblings for discussion.
#811481 added March 27, 2014 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
An incident while driving home
I was driving home the other day on this four lane road, Brevard Rd., when I came up to a light. There was a car in the left lane waiting for the light to go to green. So I shifted over to the right lane, knowing the green light was coming soon.  I did not want to loose the energy of momentum. It's just the type of guy I am. I knew if I stayed in the left lane I would have to stop and then start again, thus using more gas.





I timed it right and barely slowed, all the while flying past the standing car. As I was getting ready to move back to my original lane I glanced in the mirror to make sure everything was clear. There was the car I had just passed at the light, in my blind spot (good thing I looked). I accelerated to compensate and get into the lane. Now the van is a little sluggish and does not really have any real kick-ass speed. It is build to take things to places in an efficient manner. Yet when I looked back to see if the way was clear, this guy had actually moved up, blocking my egress into the lane!





This got me a little ticked off, so I pushed down on the peddle a little harder, yet this guy continued to crawl up on my left. I had to get into that lane, in only a matter of yards the lane I was in would exit to an on-ramp to the Blue Ridge Parkway. As nice as the Parkway is, I wanted to get home. I had to get into the left lane.





So I slowed and let this guy go ahead.





As we drove on through on the now two-lane road leading home, this guy had an open road, giving him a free ride to go as fast as he wanted. The car barely drove the speed limit.





Why did he have to be in front of me? what was going through his head?





What do you think was going on in this guy's head?





Leave a note or comment.








olc

© Copyright 2014 One Lone Castaway OLC (UN: chefneil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
One Lone Castaway OLC has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811481-An-incident-while-driving-home