*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811766-Death-and-Relationships
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#811766 added April 2, 2014 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Death and Relationships
Read and reviewed a poem and a blog this morning.  Both were on relationships and death, and both were very different in their presentation and treatment of the subject matter. As I sat and pondered this and thought about my own experiences with this subject, I genuinely understood how death and relationships impact people and their lives.  As I sat, tried to find words that explained that death does not have to be the physical passing of a person, animal or plant.  It can definitely be a relationship.  However, a relationship cannot be death.

Life offers us many relationship opportunities.  We have relationships with our families, friends, coworkers, travelers, business partners, political friends, etc.  Each of these are different and unique in their own way.  Each is vital to us in some way, but none of them compare to the relationship that we have with our soul mate.

Love is a strong and passionate experience.  It causes emotions that swing in all directions.  It can cause such deep pain that one may never love again for fear of experiencing that deep pain.  Or it may bring such great satisfaction that one may chase it long after it is gone.  A relationship of the heart is so complex and so invigorating that most of us seek it all of our lives.  Many of us find it, but a great number of us find that it seems to only exist in movies, stories, and other people's lives.

I sit and ponder this today because I read two documents that started me thinking and remembering the old saying "It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all!"  Maybe that is true, but if I had a choice, I would never lose my love.  Alas, that did not happen.  One day, my love just walked away.  Never to return.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811766-Death-and-Relationships