*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812031-The-Heist-Scenario
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#812031 added April 2, 2014 at 7:32am
Restrictions: None
The Heist Scenario
The Heist Scenario

Since coming full circle and still not being any closer to what happened perhaps its time to examine a third possibility. This is one where the hijacked airliner didn’t follow either the Northern or the Southern arc. In this hypothesis the airliner was seized not by terrorists but by ordinary criminals for purposes of stealing something valuable contained in the cargo hold. If this was the case and one thinks like a criminal, the airliner would have set down in shallow costal waters somewhere with a depth of less than 50 feet where the valuable cargo would be later removed by scuba divers… when the heat settled regarding the disappearance of flight MH 370.

So what might that valuable cargo have been? It is well known that Malaysia is a leading gold bullion producer and that China is interested these days in increasing their reserves. It could be that a legitimate sale was transacted by the Malaysian Government, and the bullion packaged in lithium battery boxes for security purposes. Since Malaysia is more a consumer than producer of lithium batteries, it begs the question why such batteries were being exported to China, which is a leading producer? Case 1 would be a legitimate transaction. However, there could be a Case 2 possibility. This is that black market or stolen bullion was being illegally transfered in this manner. In either case a criminal element in Malaysia found out what was happening and decided to hijack the shipment.

Revenue Payload of a Boeing 777 is 24 tons. A ton of gold is worth about $41,600,000. There could have been upwards of $1.25 Billion in gold in the cargo hold of MH 370.

If this were the case it would shed light on where to look for the missing airliner. That would be in in shallow costal waters along a course where the missing airliner was reportedly last seen, flying low. A fishing boat with a beacon would be waiting where the airliner planned to ditch. It would have made a water landing and quietly sunk into the depths below.

The Chinese have been the most vocal and demonstrative about the disappearance. They have demanded an accounting from the Malaysian government; have provided satellite imagery and sent planes and ships into the search area. Since many of the passengers were Chinese there is a basis for some concern but the level of their indignation goes way beyond what might be expected over the deaths of a few Chinese. (Unless of course they took delivery of Malaysian bullion, had it loaded on flight MH 370 and expected it to land in Beijing.)



© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812031-The-Heist-Scenario