*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812437-Spirits
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #1984765
Entries for the 10 Days of Spring Contest
#812437 added April 3, 2014 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
Spirits
With anticipation the young priestess sat, hidden by shadow, on a stone bench behind a pillar at the back of the Temple courtyard. The swift crystalline chatter of water sounded within the gloom.  Immense crystals, aglow from within emitted a mystical light, sat within a large pool of gently rippling water. Translucent streams impacted against the crystal, the source of the sound.

The young priestess didn't hide in the dark to view the fountain.  She waited silently for something to occur.  The radiance of the full moon shone, bathing the courtyard, staining everything in a pale nimbus.  Then it began.

Motes of light erupted from the water slicked crystals.  Spheres of various colours arced lazily above the surface of the pool, unaware of the human watching their movements.

'People say they are faeries, lesser kin of the Immortal Anastri.  Others say they are the spirits of Anastri who didn't wish to pass on. They are magic, the gift of the Goddess.  They dance under the light of the moon.  Ancient legends state these mysterious beings are drawn to the lunar light, as if awaiting an event to take place. Since the days of the Golden Age, when magic flowed through the entirety of the world, they appear on the night of a full moon.  Perhaps some ancient remnant of magic remains, to call them here.'

'Faeries, knowledge keepers of the Goddess, of poetry and spring.'  The young priestess murmured.

© Copyright 2014 Asha Moonfall - Plotting Book! (UN: ashamoonfall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Asha Moonfall - Plotting Book! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812437-Spirits