*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812581
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#812581 added May 27, 2018 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
Victorian Women Gossip Tea Session
Prompt: A picture of Victorian women have a Tea and gossiping. Write a short story about this.

The Tea was at Chandel Webster's house. Her parents were the one of the top richest families in London. The other women were: Charlotte Armsworth, Madeline Linton, Ariel McShaun, Catherine Armsworth {Charlotte's cousin} and Sable McCullough. The women were all eighteen and nineteen except for Sable. She was twenty-one. Sable wasn't pretty as the other women were and her family weren't as rich as the others. She wasn't going to get married until she fell in love.

Chandel had turned down three marriage proposals. She wanted the most handsome and richest man there was. Chandel poured tea for everyone and she did love to gossip.

"Did you hear about Annie Goodwin? She was out all night with a man Lord Nathan Danly. She snuck out the window and her father caught her sneaking back in. People around town saw her go into Lord Danly's house. Annie's father is making Lord Danly marry her. Serves her right. She is always putting on airs." Chandel wore a cruel smile.

"He is as much to blame as she is. He is a Rogue." Catherine said quietly.

"Have you seen the man who lives across the street? He just moved into the McGuire's carriage house. He is so handsome." Madeline's eyes looked all dreamy.

"Of course I have seen him. He is my new neighbor. He is so handsome and rich. He is the second Earl of Kentwood. His name is Earl Winston Kentwood. He will be at the Ball next week. Ladies, he is the man I am going to marry. He did business with my father. He and I were introduced and he kissed my hand." Chandel looked like the fox that had ate the chicken.

"A handsome man kissing your hand doesn't make him your future husband." Ariel thought Chandel was such a snob.

Chandel shook her blonde curls and bat her green eyes. "I have had three marriage proposals. How many have the rest of you had?"

Charlotte shook her black curls and batted her blue eyes. "At the Ball, we can all vie for Mr. Kentwood's attention. I saw him when I arrived. You aren't the only one who can attract men."

Sable was all quiet. She had let her dishwater blonde hair down today instead of being in a bun. She did look attractive today. She was quiet. She didn't like Chandel and soon she wouldn't be coming over for weekly teas at Chandel's house.

"Chandel, you aren't the only woman in the world. We all get men to dance with us at the Balls. The reason you aren't married is because men are afraid of you." Catherine was a pretty red head and she thought she was just as beautiful as Chandel.

"Are you jealous? Maybe if you walked outside naked, men would be lining up to marry you. Earl Kentwood would ignore you if I was outside walking naked!" Chandel was always blunt.

"Ladies, we need to behave like Ladies. We will all find husbands someday." Sable sipped her tea.

"You will be the last to marry. The rest of us women are prettier and have more money. You are a timid little mouse." Chandel laughed.

Sable was hurt but she wasn't upset. Chandel would eat her words.

"Chandel! That was mean! Sable is sweet, has pretty clothes, nice manners and she isn't a mouse. Men don't like women like you." Madeline was good friends with Sable.

Just then there was a knock at the door. Chandel answered it. Earl Winston Kenwood was at the door. Chandel smiled and fluffed her blonde curls. "Earl Kentwood, do come in." She put her arm through his.

Winston Kentwood smiled. "Hello Ladies. I am here to pick up Sable McCullough. Miss McCullough and I are to be married next month. Sable, Darling, I hope you don't mind me telling your lady friends." He was handsome in his expensive suit, dark hair that was longer then most men and had brown eyes. {If there was a Mr. Darcy, he was him.}

Chandel dropped her arm from Earl Kenwood's arm. Sable came up to Winston. He kissed Sable's cheek. Sable smiled.

"Ladies, Earl Winston Kentwood and I are going to be married as he said. We are very much in love. I hope you will be as happy as I am someday. Chandel, thanks for the tea." She whispered to Chandel: "My man would rather eat dirt then be with you."

Sable and Winston left. Chandel was speechless. When she found her voice, she said: "How did she get a man like him? She is a mouse."

"You are a wolverine. Your husband will probably be a Rogue or some man you would make miserable. I hope you get a nasty one." Madeline smiled. "Oh, I am going to be a bridesmaid in Sable's Wedding. See you at the Ball." She left and so did the other ladies.

Earl Winston and Sable were kissing in his carriage. Sable was happy. She loved that she got one over on Chandel. A mouse and not very pretty. Indeed! What ever she had, Winston loved her. They got married and lived happily ever. Chandel married a man just as nasty as her who cheated on her and she was miserable.

** Image ID #1984583 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1979577 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812581