*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812663-This-Blog
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#812663 added April 5, 2014 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
This Blog
I started this blog on January 28th, 2005, with the idea of posting my thoughts and feelings on topics interesting to me, in a loose form of personal essays. Although I was writing in it frequently in the beginning, my attention to the blog dwindled in time, as I had other journals to keep. One of them was a book item on writing topics. At one point I thought of bringing the writing journal idea into this blog. Although I tried to do that for a long while, my attention to the blog was still periodic, meaning twice a month on the average, and still something was missing.

Now with the Blog City, I find that the interesting prompts--with some ideas and questions I never thought about--are encouraging me to write every day. The result is, writing in my blog has become something to look up to, to look forward to, and even to chase. I don't know how long this excitement will last and if I'll be able to keep up with it all the time. As of the moment, however, my blog is becoming my love song to the world, and my presentation of modest and weak-kneed opinions as they speak from the heart and a sketchy experience.

I think our blogs are helping me and my blogging friends to build a network of support while we grow in our separate ways, to discover and accept life's purposes, to be inspired from one another's entries, to live more consciously, and to feel motivated and energized in our common goal of improving our craft, the craft of writing.

We all understand, I assume, perfection isn't the point and it doesn't matter how old or young we are. The point is to use blogging on the path of practical, positive growth, and I bet, we will all be successful in this endeavor.

----------------

Prompt: If one experience or life changes---- from you writing your blog, what would you like it to be?

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812663-This-Blog