*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812792
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#812792 added April 6, 2014 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 71: Andrew - Engage
Andrew gulped and listened intently. The sound was unmistakable, but he was hoping his ears were simply playing tricks on him. He looked around, only to see that everyone else in the room was doing the same thing.

“It’s James.” Seth said, his face dead pan. He was looking off into the distance, tying to concentrate his hearing in case their was a second scream. But he didn’t have too. The second he said anything, Andrew, Nick, Brandon, Monica, and Anna all jumped up and began walking to the door.

“I don’t give a s*** about what’s been going on today between all of us. I don’t care if you’re with me or against me. We aren’t losing another f***ing person today.” Andrew said, walking towards the door and loading his revolver one bullet at a time.

“Agreed.” Nick said, coldly. Andrew shot him an angry look, but Nick just looked back with understanding in his eyes. Andrew knew that he did too. No matter how much he hated Nick at this very moment, Nick had just lost nearly every kid in his group. He wasn’t going to let anymore kids die today. Andrew walked forward and kicked open the door, and the group of adults stepped out.

“Ivan, Gabi. You stay here. Protect the other kids.” Andrew said, looking back.

“Uh, Andrew.” Ivan said, hesitantly.

“What?” Andrew asked, almost annoyed.

“Where’s the Bedlam?”

For a brief moment Andrew was confused, but then it clicked in his head. The Bedlam. The Bedlam did it. Andrew looked back at the adults and simply said, “Find them. Now.” Without hesitation, each one of the survivors ran off to different parts of the camp. Andrew took a deep breath, sighed and looked up to the sky. He tried to calm himself down, but he knew. He knew exactly where the Bedlam was going to be. He lowered his head and looked to his right, right at the Barn.

Andrew silently walked back into the mess hall, ignoring the questions of all the children inside. He walked through the kitchen, into the back room, and picked up a tank of spare gas off the ground.

© Copyright 2014 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812792